Will the Dell Streak (Mini 5) ever come to any other UK carriersGeneral

Last Updated: 2010-07-01 21:14:37
  1. Biohazard

Biohazard Member

My friend(who lives in my area so the 3G speeds apply to me) has recently got the Dell Streak on O2, and I am very impressed with the device itself. However I am not so impressed with the network, he always gets crappy 3G speeds and bad signal strength, and then there is the fact that even if he did get a great 3G signal, O2 limit their speeds to 128kb/s (though he usually gets 20-60kb/s, which is terrible) . Ontop of that the contract pricing isn't so great either.

So basically I was wondering when O2 will drop the exclusivity and we will see the Dell Streak on another network such as T-Mobile which gives my Dad good speeds on his Milestone.

If that is not going to happen, when is their going to be a phone with a 4.3 inch screen or bigger out in the UK (I've seen the Galaxy S but the lack of camera flash puts me off).

Thanks guys! :D

Advertisement
  2. Rhysd2

Rhysd2 Well-Known Member

I get a lot quicker than that and I'm on o2 I guess its your area. I believe o2 only have it exclusively for 3 months. but you can buy it unlocked sim free from dell now

As for other phones if the droid 2 aka milestone 2 and the droid x make it over here quicker than the milestone did they both have 4.3 inch screens I believe
  3. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the contract pricing? Isn't it still FREE :D

Or are you talking about the off-contract price, which did drop in the last few days to
  4. skunkonkrunk

skunkonkrunk Active Member

I work in the industry.

Its 449 Sim free right now.

No other networks have expressed interest that I know of in picking it up....yet.

Hope that helps.....