1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Will the Dell Streak (Mini 5) ever come to any other UK carriersGeneral

1. Biohazard

Biohazard Member

My friend(who lives in my area so the 3G speeds apply to me) has recently got the Dell Streak on O2, and I am very impressed with the device itself. However I am not so impressed with the network, he always gets crappy 3G speeds and bad signal strength, and then there is the fact that even if he did get a great 3G signal, O2 limit their speeds to 128kb/s (though he usually gets 20-60kb/s, which is terrible) . Ontop of that the contract pricing isn't so great either.

So basically I was wondering when O2 will drop the exclusivity and we will see the Dell Streak on another network such as T-Mobile which gives my Dad good speeds on his Milestone.

If that is not going to happen, when is their going to be a phone with a 4.3 inch screen or bigger out in the UK (I've seen the Galaxy S but the lack of camera flash puts me off).

Thanks guys! :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rhysd2

Rhysd2 Well-Known Member

I get a lot quicker than that and I'm on o2 I guess its your area. I believe o2 only have it exclusively for 3 months. but you can buy it unlocked sim free from dell now

As for other phones if the droid 2 aka milestone 2 and the droid x make it over here quicker than the milestone did they both have 4.3 inch screens I believe
  3. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the contract pricing? Isn't it still FREE :D

Or are you talking about the off-contract price, which did drop in the last few days to
  4. skunkonkrunk

skunkonkrunk Active Member

I work in the industry.

Its 449 Sim free right now.

No other networks have expressed interest that I know of in picking it up....yet.

Hope that helps.....