Will the Droid Incredible tell me who is calling?

Last Updated:

1. ninjakyle

ninjakyle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If the person isn't in my contacts, will it just show me the phone number or will it pull some information about where the number is located and maybe even who is calling?

Most caller IDs can do this for landlines.

Just curious.

Advertisement
  2. Opivyattack

Opivyattack Well-Known Member

I can't supply any links here but I read somewhere that the answer is yes. Obviously it will not display the name (as far as I know) but it will display things such as region that the call is coming from. Really awesome feature IMO.

3. vandyblackandgold

vandyblackandgold Well-Known Member

is this something programmed into the sense ui? i would think if that were android based, others would have it too. that is a cool feature.

4. Opivyattack

Opivyattack Well-Known Member

Actually now that you mention it, I think that was where I had read about it. I believe it was part of the new Sense UI for Android 2.1. Maybe I'll try to look around later and see if I can find the article that mentioned this.

5. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member

I know there is an app that will do this if the phone doesn't come with the feature. But, since i am new to android, I don't remember the name. I read it in another thread. Maybe some super driod can help with the name??:p