Will the Epic Sync calendar and email with Outlook?

Last Updated:

1. legaleagle

legaleagle New Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to determine whether the Epic will sync with Outlook for email and calendar, but it does not seem so. Is anyone aware of a solution for this?

Advertisement
  2. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

I believe that even if there is no stock app for it, there are options in the market that can be had.

I'm sure others will be able to comment with better detail.

3. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

I don't have an Epic (sorry for intruding), but there is a Google solution to sync Outlook and Google calendars which I have been using without a single problem for almost a year. http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=98563

Since your phone displays Google calendars, you should be all set.

As for email, not sure what you mean by syncing. You can read POP email or gMail on your Android phone, and even use IMAP. There's a great free third party email app (K-9) that does a great job with both push and pull email (gMail, POP and IMAP).

jd

4. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

i run google calendar sync on my office pc and it sends my outlook calendar to one of my google calendars no problemo :) i just do a 1-way sync from work to gcal as i don't want to mess up appointments or cause double appointments etc if i make a mistake or syncing goes bad

5. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

Does it work with Office 10?

6. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

you guys can try this now - no need to wait for epic. if you can get your appointments from outlook to your google calendar, then they'll appear in your epic.

7. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

Ok, I tried searching for it but can't find it now. But within last couple of days I read somewhere that google is now officially adding support for sync with outlook 2010. So if you have 2010 version, you should be set.