Will the European Droid (MILESTONE) be Google Experience??

Last Updated:

1. johnuopini

johnuopini New Member This Topic's Starter

Motorola Droid in USA is obviously a Google Experience device, and this is a fact, but what about the European one? I really need to know this before buying one, i dont want to wait for updates by Motorola. The hardware is different so i wont be able to use USA firmwares...

So pleaseplease, someone knows if the Milestone is a Google Experience device???

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

No clue, it should be though.

3. johnuopini

Yeah, ok, "it should", but, think about it, the USA one is 100% Google software, on the other hand, the European one has MotoNav on it (there is no Google Navigation), so, well, is not the same firmware... Moreover it has multitouch enabled and no phone with original Google firmware has multitouch enabled.

All this let me think that the Euopean one might not be Google Experience... and that would be sooooooooooo bad news...

Please, if someone knows, please tell me!

4. CRPercodani

Well I see what you mean, and a little research does seem to show most of the Android phones released overseas are NOT Google Experience so that could be a bad thing. Your right about Google Nav, but what about gmail and the other Google apps? Are they on the Milestone?

5. CRPercodani

OUCH, sorry to say but it is not a Google Experience version. Here is a youtube video review of it which you can clearly see NO "With Google" branding on the back of it.

YouTube - Motorola Milestone/Droid

6. johnuopini

Oh s**t, hope your not right, but, yeah, there is no Google on that back... I sent an email to Motorola, hope they will answer soon...

7. CRPercodani

Yea that would really suck. I don't know if the one going to Telus in Canada would be any different.

8. thetruth

thetruth Member

What does Google Experience mean?