• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the EVO have the same sort of bug-thing that the Hero has?

cabbie

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
I'm wondering whether it's a Sense thing or a Hero thing.

Backstory: I downloaded 'more icons widget' from the market which lets you put 4 app shortcuts in the space that 1 would take. Theres 3 widgets to choose from a 1x1 (for 4 apps), a 2x1 (for 8 apps) and a 4x1 (for 16 apps) In the settings, theres an option for the 'Sprint Bug Fix'. I emailed the developer asking about this and he told me that the Hero has a bug to where all widgets are automatically re-populated each time it reboots. When you make a 'more icon widget' with a Hero, you have to select the 'sprint bug fix' to make it work and basically you get only 1 of each of the 3 sizes of widget. It's still incredibly useful, but if you want to use more of the widgets you are SOL.

I've noticed a similar thing with a couple other apps, the Texts from Last Night widget. Whenever I reboot, the widget needs to be deleted and re-added because it won't load. Same story for Sprint Football Live.

Now, is this a sense thing that the EVO can be expected to experience, or just the Hero? It'd be unfortunate if it were a Sense thing...

Been mulling over this question a while and wondered if anyone has any input.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones