Will the EVO have the same sort of bug-thing that the Hero has?

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wondering whether it's a Sense thing or a Hero thing.

Backstory: I downloaded 'more icons widget' from the market which lets you put 4 app shortcuts in the space that 1 would take. Theres 3 widgets to choose from a 1x1 (for 4 apps), a 2x1 (for 8 apps) and a 4x1 (for 16 apps) In the settings, theres an option for the 'Sprint Bug Fix'. I emailed the developer asking about this and he told me that the Hero has a bug to where all widgets are automatically re-populated each time it reboots. When you make a 'more icon widget' with a Hero, you have to select the 'sprint bug fix' to make it work and basically you get only 1 of each of the 3 sizes of widget. It's still incredibly useful, but if you want to use more of the widgets you are SOL.

I've noticed a similar thing with a couple other apps, the Texts from Last Night widget. Whenever I reboot, the widget needs to be deleted and re-added because it won't load. Same story for Sprint Football Live.

Now, is this a sense thing that the EVO can be expected to experience, or just the Hero? It'd be unfortunate if it were a Sense thing...

Been mulling over this question a while and wondered if anyone has any input.

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i would put money that this issues is because it's 1.5 and doesn't have native CDMA support so the way they hacked CDMA into the phone is causing this to happen, the EVO will have native CDMA support so i'm sure bugs like this will go away

3. cabbie

Interesting. Whenever the Hero gets 2.1 (in the year 2050) I will update and see whether it works. Or someone who has flashed a 2.1 ROM onto it could tell most likely.

4. cabbie

i haven't heard that it doesn't have native CDMA support, it seems really odd that a CDMA phone would ship without it. But, I'm not sure what CDMA support would have to do with the OS as it relates to homescreen widgets.