will the G2 have UMA type capabilities???General

Last Updated:

1. Heat00

Heat00 New Member This Topic's Starter

my tmobile service barley works in the house, not to mention when travelling; what an important feature UMA is on my bb9700. Today I saw an app that's called smart wifi, allowing calling over wifi, not only data, just the same as UMA. I believe from Kineto.
    anyone know if this will work? As good? The same?
    This phone is not an option unless I can get calling over wifi or it just doesn't work in the house, unacceptable.

I still can't believe UMA is not built into any android phones. it's the only reason I stay with Tmo... well the main reason...

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

3. Heat00

Heat00 New Member This Topic's Starter

yes, now that I read closely, it says this will not be an app that can be downloaded....
    weak.....
    they are missing the boat with this.... many people like myself, will not switch from Blackberry just because of this feature... it not only helps at home, but when travelling, only a wifi connection is needed and full voice and data are available to you..

I can't imagine why android phones (at least with Tmo), do not have UMA support...

this is unbelievable...

it actually helps the carrier as well as the customer, relieves their network some, and keeps the customer happy with full signal when they might not get coverage and think of leaving for better service, where they need there phone the most.

4. Krepta

Krepta New Member

5. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

If T-Mobile decides to create, or release if they've got something, an app to enable UMA on their devices, the Market will be the best way to deliver it.

Any other way, and they'll have an influx of customers unable to install it because they only install applications directly out of the Market.