Will the moment ever have good games?Support

Last Updated:

1. jolietlunchbox

jolietlunchbox New Member This Topic's Starter

like seriously I came from having an iphone. no games like that? this thing cant even play super mario rpg through an emulator. Like does the phone even have the capability to ever have good 3d games that arent like 8mb. I feel like I bought one of those cheap mp3s that look just like an ipod but are only like 256mb and $5. except I payed $150.

Advertisement
  2. ALooneyGuy

ALooneyGuy Member

Like, you should like totally like get a DSi or something :)

3. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Apple has always been great about focusing on form over functionality. Linux, however, is all about functionality. This phone is awesomely powerful and that's been the focus.

Once the Android system gets more mainstream, however, I'm more than certain you're going to be very impressed by the games this can handle. Especially with the faster processor and AMOLED it has.

I think the Google Nexus One and the Verizon Droid are doing a lot to further development like that so, as an android ourselves, we're going to benefit from that.

The 2.1 update we're going to get soon(ish) will also help. You have very good hardware in your hands; the software just has to catch up.

Patience, young padawan.

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Lol, 14 year old with patience? Good luck with that.
    *My age guess based on lack of proper grammar and the repetitive use of the word 'like' out of context*

-edit-
    Also, I agree with ALooneyGuy. Your cell phone is a powerful device now-a-days, but it should put it's main functions first, then it should focus on doing trivial tasks. In this case, the trivial task would be games. I'd rather my phone be able to do everything else smoothly before I worry about something as meaningless as games on it.

5. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

No need to beat up on the new guy. It's a legitimate question, really. I was disapointed to not find any really interesting games for Android, but I got over it quickly when I saw how much else Android had to offer.

6. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

the phone doesnt have the battery reserve to play games and work as a powerful, proper phone. like,, totally lame?

7. ranger2339

ranger2339 Member

I actually like the simple games, reminds me of the games I used to play back when I was a kid, simple and fun. Kids these days are just spoiled with the technology that's out today and expect everything to be an HD,3D,mind blowing,video game experience.

Remember its a phone,err I mean a computer with a a phone option.

8. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

9. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Hehe. I got the Atari 2600 when I was 10. Wonder of technology that was. When I got the Apple //c and saw the games I could play there...man, I was in heaven.

10. duckthehobo

duckthehobo Member

Like the others said, keep in mind your phone is still a phone, the software is a bit behind, and if you wanted a gaming platform, buy a gaming platform. There's plenty of options that can handle much more than your old iphone. Games on phones have always been time-wasters, something to do while you wait for the dentist. That said, there's more than enough different puzzle games to satisfy my tastes :)

11. Thefoodman52

TOSS IT IS AMAZING!!!! Simple, but AMAZING!!!

12. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

13. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member

Stop saying if you want games go buy a gaming platform the whole point of having a feature filled crll phonr is to not carry aroinf all those devices. Android is still laggy the hyc hero is the most buggy phone, the iphone may not have wodgets but its games and games available and smooth os are what make it more popular than android.

14. Thefoodman52

Obvious mac user troll is obvious.

15. njbianco

What makes the iPhone more popular is its been out longer. Android OS is really has been building up steam lately.

Also for every1 try out the game labyrinth awesomely addictive game

16. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

it's also more popular cause it's had a few years on the market, ALSO get a new keyboard, i think alot of your letters are missing or something...

17. njbianco

No keyboards fine just had to edit it i didn't read over what i wrote.

But anyways thats exactly what i ment.

18. crumbkake

crumbkake Member

It isn't that it can't play Super Mario RPG, I assure you that it can, the SNESoid dev just decided to not bother emulating the graphics chip on some of the SNES games.

19. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member

Ya.....You are right I am a Mac lover iPhone lover...
    No you idiot that term is so stupid, I own a Hero on Sprint, But because of pricing I Don't have an iPhone which imo is a better device.

The Hero is just as bad as windows mobile in terms of bugginess, it drops calls frequently because of dumb HTC dialer issues. It is laggy, and HTC Sense while nice makes alot of features on android painfully slow and buggy.

No, I am not a "nube" or an apple troll because I like an apple product, I can call you an android troll or nube or any other person who owns an android device using your logic, but I don't becasue its stupid.

Yes the iPhone has been around longer than android, but Consumers buy whats on the market NOWWWWW, not what could be...

the iPhone is sleeker, faster, and more reliable than any android phone.

The UI may be boring to some, but its an easy to use interface, its music and multimedia abilities are 10x better than any phone out their. Playing music on the HTC Hero sucks. first of all to launch the program takes a good 5-6 seconds, then you have to wait for the screen to load up even when the app is launched. Its starts you off with artists on default, which you can't change, and everytime you click something, you get a 2 second lag minimum before it works, then you have to scroll to the song you want. I have 1400 songs on my phone, if i click one, it plays, after a second or two, then if i want to go to a song around their or next to the one I was listening too, I have to click the lower right button, wait for all the lag, scroll over to songs, wait for them all to load up and then scroll through 1400 in order to get to where i was.

V.

One touch launches program, click song, leaves off where you left it, no lag.

The iphone is a cleaner and faster OS and it always will be. People complain that it is missing customization, well Apple knows that, but everything it does do, it does better than any other mobile device.

I played Nazi Zombies on a 3GS and it has PS2 (or better graphics) and works flawlessly, thats impressive.

People keep saying that you have to give android time, yes thats true, but look at it through the developers eyes, developing for apple is one device (3.5 inch screen device, 16 million colors, all GPU controls, 480*320 resolution V. Androids 15 some different devices, Developers can develop one version of an app, and it will work flawlessly on the device, or it is rejected, it doesnt crash, or cause your phone to restart, it WORKS..

I think Android is a great platform and has awesome customization, yes the Hero has an outdated processor, but it seems even the droid and nexus have similar problems, Android is a great OS but google needs to make each update and device bugfree if they want to beat apple. Yes Google is doing a great job by releasing all of these phones so consumers buy android, but they need to work out all of the bugs.

20. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

First, you have a Hero. The Hero is not really comparable to the Moment. Bash it all you like, but the hardware is not really going to be applicable to this forum. And the software doesn't hold up as well either.

And secondly, as you were saying about Android OS vs iPhone OS...
    YouTube - Google Nexus One Vs. iPhone 3GS
    And remember, Android has been out only half as long as iphone.:rolleyes:

21. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

good video... of course pinch zoom is now on Android so that takes away one of his big points...

22. bigge4380

bigge4380 Member

I think where Apple has an advantage is there all of the hardware is the same. Every iPhone is the exact same piece of hardware with more or less memory. This gives Apples developers the ability to design games consistently. While Android's hardware varies it does have it's advantages. If someone doesn't like the way their Samsung Performs they can get a Motorola. If you don't like the interface or the messaging apps, get new ones.

Not every phone is right for every consumer. If you don't like the one YOU CHOSE use the 30 day exchange policy and get a new phone or go back to a different carrier that has a phone that you do want. That's not meant to be rude but that's why the policies are there.

23. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

The iPhone is an ok piece of hardware, but tied to a lousy serice in terms of overcharging. The iPhone has several flaws that set it against an Android phone as well. Just haing a single hardware manufacture means no competition and a general lack of open standards adoption. Apple is a bully and really does things their way at all costs. But hey I digress...

I did but my Android first for the favorable costs against other proiders. And secondly because it has a keyboard, mouse, nice screen, sd slot, microUSB, pretty darn quick CPU, and a battery I can replace. And the 3rd reason is that my first to reasons were musts, but then I picked this phone for its potential and not for what it can do now.

If you ever played console games you pretty much know that developers never make the best use of hardware their first generation of games. Its very much a learning experience for them as well. Even like Microsoft and Bungie are making significant improvements in Halo Reach. So taking advantage of hardware will take time. You must have the patience for it. And the market has to be there to attract the developers. With Apple's 20 patent lawsuit against HTC, I think they feel seriously threatened by the Google Android army for good reasons.

24. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

I think that once the majority of devices are upgraded to 2.1, there's a much better chance of seeing some quality games on Android. Right now, all the CDMA devices are running a hacked up made for GSM 1.5 that lack optimized display drivers. That said, the iPhone has a huge advantage in that all devices have uniform optimized drivers for display acceleration and will be a better gaming device for the foreseeable future.