Will the MYTOUCH 3G be getting a official 2.2 update from tmobile?

Last Updated:

1. CircusMaximus

CircusMaximus Member This Topic's Starter

i was thinking about getting the mytouch 3g since i can get it brand new for $50 i was wondering will it be getting the 2.2 upgrade

Advertisement
  2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

was at Tmobile yesterday when i was buying my with the slide and they said starting September. Im honestly not going to hold my breath. They were quoting the exact verb-age from the mailer they sent out. Also i was listening to the sales reps trying to sell a vibrant and let me say she lost the sale FASTER then they wanted it.

3. mikeyinid

mikeyinid Active Member

I was on the phone with T-mobile over the weekend and the girl i was talking to in BB and PDA support said there is no exact date but by the end of the year the mytouch and the mytouch slide will get 2.2. They have also been sayin since like feb. that we would be getting 2.1 "very soon". So...dont hold your breath. I personally dont think it will be til some time next year. They havent even released some blackberry os's that other carriers have had for a year on the same model phones.....T-mobile is behind the curve on things of this nature....

4. mikeyinid

mikeyinid Active Member

They pushed os 5.0 out for BB 8520's yesterday....While this means absolutely nothing to us, it does show that they are making an effort to keep even phones that are a little dated up to speed with the rest of the cellular world...Lets hope they follow suit with the android phones too :)

5. AndyP79

AndyP79 New Member

I was on the phone with T-mobile last night. Quite heated. Why would ya'll advertise that we are getting it, and not get it out? All that stuff. Pretty much the rep told me to shove it, it ain't T-mobs problem. He said that I should call HTC, that it is up to them to push it out. He said also, that it is for the Slide only that they are working on, and that there is absolutely no plans to get 2.1, let alone 2.2 to the original mytouch, and that T-mob never said that they would be releasing anything for the original. He told me my phone was old, and that it is at end of life, and if I want a newer OS, I need a newer phone. I think I might just call again today to harass them and give 'em shit about it and see what different answer they give me today.

6. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

I bet your calls get "disconnected" quite a bit.

7. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

would be nice if someone would go after Tmobile for false advertisement and get PAID! then leave Tmobile for a carrier who actually updates their customers product.

8. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

I just finished running CM6 (FroYo) for about a week and went back to the OEM Android 1.6 (Donut). The original MT3G is just TOO SLOW and doesn't have enough memory to run FroYo properly. I don't want the official update.

Besides, the only real benefits are speech to text in any field, rotating homescreen, cooler looking lock screen, and better looking icons for the widgets and stuff.

Functionally I don't see any real advantage.

9. aksoutherland

aksoutherland Member

10. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member