• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the new update fix our Bluetooth Wii controller issue

I really want to use the Wii classic controller with my emulators but everyone says the app doesn't work with the Evo. I understand they are adding some Bluetooth functionality with the Froyo update. Does this mean there is a chance we will now be able to use Bluetooth controllers.

I uderstand this is possible if I root my phone. Should I just wait for a fully functional rom after the update. Also how many of you have experience running the emulators on Froyo. Do the games seem to run any better. Any one actually got the Wii remote running on an Evo.

The Gamepro drivers supposedly work on the Evo, just not with a Wii controller.

Tis a shame too...as I'm sure a lot of us already have Wii controllers laying around :)

It's just another example of why HTC should just get over themselves and let us use stock Android if we so choose (without having to root). This is just my opinion of course...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones