will the nexus be able to get mobitv?

Last Updated:

1. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

tmoble is releasing the htc hd2 and it comes with mobitv. does anyone know if this is going to only be available to the hd2. i was going to get the hd2 and sell my nexus but i think winmo 6.5 is going to keep me away. but i really like the idea of the mobitv. any one know if it will be able to be used with the nexus or android in general? kind of sucks if not because it is going to be a service offered through tmobile that i cant use. anyone know anything?

Advertisement
  2. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

In logical terms no and here's why.
    The nexus is an unlocked device, that just so happens to have the t-mobile 3g frequencies. (well the original ones do.) That means T-mobile provides the service plan, and that is literally it.

On the other hand the HTC HD2 is going to be t-mobile branded which means T-mobile can put it's apps on there like mobitv, and whatever else T-mobile has as far as apps go. Now I'm sure eventually another android device will be released with the same app, and someone will rip the apk out of the rom. SO watch for it ;) There is a tv app i think in the market though.

BUt i'll be honest, if there was no such thing as Android, i would buy the HD2 in a heartbeat. That thing is sexyyyyy and functions the way WinMo SHOULD