• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will the unlocked HTC Desire HD work in India?

the samsung nexus 2 will be indeed exciting in terms of hardware and new android software, but I am still inclined towards HTC Desire HD just for its new sense and their software...htc always gives a lot better user experience than other players..

but sadly still no sign of its india availibility, no date at all !!! common HTC and Vodafone

Upvote 0
Hi guyz,

What is the current price of this mobile in US? Can anyone gimme any US website where i can buy an unlocked HTC Desire HD ?

regards,
Nithin

if u want to use d fone in the US i wd suggest the HTC Evo... it practically is the same phone bt with CDMA... and if you want to import the phone from the US i dnt think der wd be many options.. and even if you find any, the phone would be more expensive as compared to buyin from the countries where the phone has already been launched.

however, these people seem to sell the phone with a warranty

Buy HTC Desire HD Fully Unlocked at hi-mobile.net

if you want to import in the US then there is clove.co.uk which will ship to the US but with no warranty

i don't think der will b any reputed US website sellin the phone as the phone is not officially launched yet..

there's another link i found which is an australian site but m nt sure if it gives a warranty.. u can just inquire and find out..

HTC Desire HD (Android,Unlocked, Dark Brown) Instock NOW!!! HTC phones - Accessories - Andriod Phones - Unlocked phones - Nokia - Mobile phone accessories

jus found a couple more US based websites which seem to deliver everywhere... hope dis helps...

this one's based out of wisconsin
http://negrielectronics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=A9191&x=0&y=0&order=relevance&dir=desc

this one in chicago
http://www.welectronics.com/gsm/HTC/HTC-DESIRE-HD.HTML

Upvote 0
Hey Thanks a lot for the information.

I am planning to bring this phone to India through some of my frienz who are coming to India from US of A.

I dint knew this phone is not yet release in US. What is the release date? From the above links, i can see the least price is $795. Will it decrease after the official launch?

regards,
Nithin

Upvote 0
Hey Thanks a lot for the information.

I am planning to bring this phone to India through some of my frienz who are coming to India from US of A.

I dint knew this phone is not yet release in US. What is the release date? From the above links, i can see the least price is $795. Will it decrease after the official launch?

regards,
Nithin

i guess most of ur frnds will be comin to India around Christmas... i mean to say if u have time wit u wait until the end of november...

I really dnt think the Desire HD will release in he US as they already have the Evo...
There are certain rumours of a similar device with a front facing camera in plan to b launched across the US for the Verizon network

New 4.3 Front-Facing Camera HTC Android Smartphone Phone for Verizon (HTC Merge??) | Androidheadlines.com

but i feel the merge will be locked to verizon and you will have to wait further to get all the unlock codes for it..

HTC promised an Australia and India launch for the DHD in November. They have delivered in Australia.. We can hope they deliver in India too..
I read somewhere its been launched in Japan too just a couple of days before.. i dnt remember the link now.. but looking at the pattern i guess India must currently be on the top half of their list...

If you cannot wait any longer then u always have the option of importing.. but the risk is always there...
As i said, its all a matter of how long u can b patient and what u prefer :)

Upvote 0
how about the Desire Z launch in india ? its been available in canada as well and its it stock with many sellers in UK

Never really inquired about the Desire Z.. seems a decent phone but have my mind set on the DHD :)
but then i dnt think the Desire Z will come to India before the DHD, the latter being the more popular out of the 2...
and with all of us puttin in queries to HTC, their marketin team too must have a hint abt DHD's demand in India..
Again, Canada already has the Evo equivalent to the DHD...
and its safe to say that the desire Z is in stock cos people r not buyin it... all of us want the DHD isn't it :)

Reactions: Btrivedi
Upvote 0
What would be estimated price of DHD if release in India >40K ?

really have no clue about that yet...
but if HTC wants a good sale i guess nething betn 30K and 40K would be decent..
they did it with the HD2.. it ws launched for more dan 40K.. the sales never picked up.. now its available for just 27K...
The desire ws launched at around 30K and it was a success..
HTC must take a lesson from this..more than 40K and they will loose many potential buyers...

Upvote 0
check their asian announcement, the price is in taiwanees dollar

"The recommended retail prices for the HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire Z are NTD20,900 and NTD18,900 respectively." which goes close to 30k for dhd...this should be the price hopefully

HTC Desire HD? And HTC Desire Z? With New HTC Sense? And HTCSENSE.COM Launched In Asia Pacific

had seen the NTD price before.. but dnt think dis wd b d basis of the price in India.. cos the original desire costs around 28.5K now..
i expect the DHD to b a bit more expensive... especially as vodafone will launch it.. remember what they did with the iphone??
they priced it so damn high compared to other markets that people hardly bought it from them and preferred the grey market...
on the brighter side if the price is jus 30K its gr8 for us :)

Reactions: Btrivedi
Upvote 0
do you think, it will be locked to vodafone india network ?

that is what all the links say.. but i dnt think it'l be a cause of much worry as unlocked devices are already being sold all over...
even the desire was brought to India by Docomo but you can get dem unlocked at proper HTC affiliated outlets..
they are available in the grey market at a price lesser dan wat Docomo has to offer..
So i'm guessin the DHD is launched in India by vodafone bt unlocked versions available too.. lyk everywhere else..

Upvote 0
the samsung nexus 2 also got delayed ... read somewhere today ... now the original desire is also out of stock in india ... wonder if they had stopped its supply bcoz the new models are gonna launched...all gusses for now ... I am so fed up with my galaxy s now, no updates, it lags, kies the software from where u have to update to froyo does not work..its all horrible with samsung software

Upvote 0

must have read abt the nexus2 here :)
bt neways to b true even if it is launched i'm nt dat interested cos as u said.. laggy software and NO UPDATES...
Android updates usually come to HTC phones 1st.. though they dnt come to India soon bt still they 1st come to HTC and HTC makes sure that their software is the best...
they are not ashamed of admittin that they have made a mistake or their fone can be better and roll out frequent updates unlike apple who suggest usin some sort of stupid cellphone case to prevent a problem and den blames all the fones in d world have the same issues... wat losers...
even the DHD has already had a couple of updates...
so.. the best bet for Android is HTC..
even i am a bit fed up of waiting to be honest.. it seems endless.. but i somehow have convinced myself to wait til d end of the month...

Upvote 0
HTC updates comes OTA, which is the best mechanism for anyone to get it over wifi, and bloody samsung has the most useless software in the world called "KIES" we need to install it somehow on our computer then keep struggling connecting the phone to it, you face hell lots of issues with this software like drivers etc, it does not even recognise its own phone !! why cant they have just OTA updates ....

so yeah we have to wait till DHD comes to india...I had given up updating my SGS now even if they gonna release their froyo finally I dont wanna update

infact I like the Desire Z also...its cool, but yeah DHD is the best till now

Upvote 0
Just got this reply from HTC, looks like they are not interested to release this in India...stupid HTC Indian team...looks like they will take ages to calculate the demand and then they will release.

Regarding HTC Desire HD launched date we would like to intimate you currently there is no such information when this phone will launched in India. You will find that handset on the HTC Indian website www.htc.com/in when it will be launched.
Regarding the device launch we want to intimate you that the product will launch according to the increase demand and market survey, which is done by the sales and marketing team and decided by HTC management,
We do not have any information regarding the price. The price can be confirmed from the retailers after the launch of the device in India.

Upvote 0
this is their default response, htc india underestimates india a lots :)

moreover the htc cust service does not know much, preety useless in terms of informations and updates

I wonder if there is a way to reach beyond their cust support and ask their officials about any tentative date....absolutely no updates is not good at all

Upvote 0
All mobile phone manufacturers conduct this so called "Market Survey" because they see cheap phones like Micromax,lemon,maxx etc selling like hot cakes.
Because of that, any new manufcturer invests in India to sell phones that are priced at Rs 5000/- or below.

HTC still must thinking whether to launch this phone in India.They did the same thing when Desire was announced.Took them 6 months to bring it to India.I think they get profits from the potential markets and neglect countries like India.

Desire HD if launched in India will cost around 36k.No doubt about that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones