• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will the unlocked HTC Desire HD work in India?

jus got d fone... whoaaa.. its awesome!!!!!!!!

dunno abt d grey mkt...

i got it in 35K inclusive of everything...

33K d bank charged me for the entire money xfer... n 2200 ws d duty..
dunno it mayb a couple of grands expensive.. but seems worth it...

so many features.. m a 1st tym android user n m feelin a bit dumb tbh.. loads to learn..

Cheers!!!!!

Congrats bro..did u get da free accessories(cradle, case n car charger) dat expansys is offering with it?

DHD is availaible at expansys now..shows in stock ..shud i go for it or wait for an official launch ..really confused..
icon5.gif

Upvote 0
it shows in stock in expansys, but only for the after sale support like future updates and warranty I am reluctant to go for it...although with accessory its seems like a good deal...

did u find out if its available in grey market in pune somewhere ?

ya i agree warranty is a major issue..though i dont think updates will be an issue..

in da grey markets its over 40k..some guys are offering a month's warranty.. but i guess that's useless..importing it from uk is a better option if u r ready to forget da warranty thing

Upvote 0
hey punk_19 hows things going on wht ur new DHD ?

btw can u pls confirm you ordered this pack --> HTC Desire HD + Free, Cradle, Case and Charger Pack #99HLZ001-00_BUN1 - eXpansys UK or just the phone ...

any luck wht ur wifi working and anymore issues etc so far ...

yeaa.. dis is wat i ordered...

abt d wifi.. i finally got it connected.. but neither the apps are recognizin d connection nor can i open i webpage.. d signal strength shows excellent.. dunno.. i hv posted dis in oder posts too.. m waitin 4 a reply 4 smtym b4 i hv to go for a factory reset...

no oder issues as of yet...

Upvote 0
hmm seems like you need to try a factory reset once

so what all free accessories u got with it ?
did u try the offline maps apps .. they say its prety new in this device and also how about registering your phone on htcsense.com and controlling from website

well these are the new stuff which htc is advertising for this phone, if these works fine in india then its worth..else it wil be normal desire with big screen and more internal memory

Upvote 0
jus got d fone... whoaaa.. its awesome!!!!!!!!

dunno abt d grey mkt...

i got it in 35K inclusive of everything...

33K d bank charged me for the entire money xfer... n 2200 ws d duty..
dunno it mayb a couple of grands expensive.. but seems worth it...

so many features.. m a 1st tym android user n m feelin a bit dumb tbh.. loads to learn..

Cheers!!!!!

Congrats on your new phone dude.
HTC had promised a fast boot up time for the Desire HD.
Did you observe, how fast that boot up time is??
If yes, please let us know.

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.

Upvote 0
Hey guys..
Finally got sometime to do some research...
First things first.. d fast boot works lyk a charm..
The app store is gr8.. will sync wit HTC sense soon..
D navigation just gave me gr8 directions to a couple of locations..
Will stop d data conn and try d offline maps now..
D overall browsin experience is simply awesome...
N yea d accessories I got 4m expansys r good too.. especially d cell case..
Mainly cos I cd nt find a decent 1 in quite a few places here..
Will post soon abt HTC sense.. hopin dat wil b jus as good...
Njoy!!!

Upvote 0
dats gr8 news... 15 more days... naiceee...

neways back to d updates... jus got the HTC sense account setup... was really simple... jus remember to prefix a '0' to ur cel fone numbers as we do while dialing an STD number...

i cd lock the fone.. make d fone ring... as well as locate the fone.. location took a couple of refreshes on the website.. it showed me bein smwhere in d arabian sea d 1st tym arnd... bt den it showed me the xact location once i restarted d fone finder application... will try forwardin calls and messages later.. nt reli interested in dat as i always keep d fone wit me :p

tryin to figure out what this multipicture live wallpaper is n how to set it up now...

almost final conclusion.. DHD in India got from newhere outside.. works lyk a charm!!!!

Upvote 0

neways back to d updates... jus got the HTC sense account setup... was really simple... jus remember to prefix a '0' to ur cel fone numbers as we do while dialing an STD number...

i cd lock the fone.. make d fone ring... as well as locate the fone.. location took a couple of refreshes on the website.. it showed me bein smwhere in d arabian sea d 1st tym arnd... bt den it showed me the xact location once i restarted d fone finder application... will try forwardin calls and messages later.. nt reli interested in dat as i always keep d fone wit me :p

tryin to figure out what this multipicture live wallpaper is n how to set it up now...

almost final conclusion.. DHD in India got from newhere outside.. works lyk a charm!!!!

good to hear dat htc sense is working in India..
icon14.gif

Upvote 0

gr8 man, so u are all set...did u resolve ur wifi ?
the most happy news is the htcsense.com working fine here in india...hopefully the offline maps will work fine too

and finally if its comming in 15 days...I am gonna grab it first ;)
I am thinking of ordering the accessory pack from expansys only once I am able to buy the phone here, bcoz htc accessories are even hard to get in india

I guess the multipicture live wallpaper is that u can set ur few custome pictures as live wallpaper and you can interact wht it, should be a nice eye candy

do share more of ur exp buddy :)

Upvote 0
Dear Droidites and DHDites dont take it for Granted if any local vendor or a blog says 10 more days or 15 more days, you can never be sure 95% of such info is pure rumor with unknown sources

I am trying to find a DHD and a DZ vendor in Pune and Got a lead will share if anything develops.

cheers

gr8 I am also from pune, if u do find a good dealer/vendor of HTC plss share, my exp says here in pune retailers are frustrated with HTC supply and availability, many I know have stopped selling HTC phone at all....

its not good sign but plss share what u find

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones