Will the Verizon store replace my Droid that I purchased at Bestbuy?

Last Updated:

1. dbarrett480

dbarrett480 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am on my second defective Droid. My newest one has rebooted more than 10 times in less then 24 hours. I am going to take it back for a replacement again, however I am wondering if Bestbuy got a bad batch and maybe I should get a replacement from the Verizon store. Does anyone know if Verizon will replace it even though I got it at Bestbuy?

Advertisement
  2. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane Well-Known Member

You need to go to the point of purchase, usually.

3. dbarrett480

Is that only applicable during the first 30 days? After that Verizon will handle warranty replacements, right?

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Yes, the first 30 days go to Best Buy - after that hit a Verizon store.

Could it be an app(s) that you installed that isn't compatible?

5. brandonhd

brandonhd Member

I just got my storm replaced the day before I got my Droid. I bought the storm @ bb under a different account (work) and had it tranfered to another (personal). Verizon replaced it with no questions asked. Well they did check the orginal account to see if was still under warranty.

Verizon has great service. As long as you have a legitimate issue, they will work with you.

6. dbarrett480

I thought it may be, so I restored my phone to factory and have only been using the built in apps since last night and it has reset multiple times since then.

7. uberjeff

uberjeff Active Member

During the first 30 days you will be referred back to the place of purchase. If you wish to return the phone to Best Buy and purchase one at the Verizon Store they will be happy to do that for you. The bottom line is Verizon just paid Best Buy a hefty subsidy to sell you that phone at a discounted price and is not about to take a brand new unit out of their inventory when you choose to purchase from another store. After the first 30 days they will replace it with a certified like new warranty replacement from the manufacturer, but why would you want that. Get Best Buy to replace it. It was probably just a fluke.

8. dbarrett480

Does the 1 replacement in 15 days rule only apply if you just don't like the phone?