1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Will there be apps in PS to support AirView and other featuresSupport

1. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

I wonder if we will see apps which will support air view and eye scroll? Why devs aren't making apps for Samsung which can support these cool features?

Advertisement
    :
  2. voodoo86

voodoo86 Member

fair point, though imo things like air view and eye scroll are rather gimicky, perhaps devs dont want to waste their time developing apps for it, or perhaps being samsung apps 3rd party devs dont have access to the source code, who knows
  3. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I wonder if even half of S4 users have those features turned on?

Beyond that though, I would suspect they'd have to write code to accomplish all of what Samsung did with it's programs, unless maybe Samsung would license the code to them on the condition that the code only be turned on for Samsung phones.

Finally, I suspect there's a significant size penalty for all of this code. The S4 probably comes with less free space than any other phone of the same memory size (less free space of all the 16GB phones, etc.). I'm not sure the app makers are going to want to take that hit for what is basically a gimmick to sell cell phones.
  4. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

If there come nice apps people would like to turn the features on. And I think these features might be open source.
  5. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

I certainly dont. They are a great way to show off your S4 but thats it.

Although, i would prob have Air View switched on all the time if it worked with QuickPic.
  6. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

If these features are Open Source, i'am sure they are, devs will must make some cool apps using them.