Will there be updates to the virtual keyboard

Last Updated:

1. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When do you think the Droids virtual keyboard will be improved? It just seems like the HTC is much easier to type fast and correct. There is no calibration with the Droid or multitouch. Do you think that this will be improved in the near future or if there will be an app to replace it?

I don't think that the keyboard apps available are that much better the native virtual keyboard. I know that people are going to work on rooting 2.1 to get the one from Sense UI, but I don't want to risk my warranty.

Advertisement
  2. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know if someone is working on a multitouch keyboard app?

3. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

so you can hold shift and tap "a" for a capital "A"?

If it ain't broke..... honestly this virt keyboard is better than anything I've used on HTC or grapple's iphail.

4. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. The Storm's keyboard is better than this keyboard. If you try typing too fast and you hit one letter before you hit another it gets all messed up and you end up having to backspace . At least with the keyboard it would register both letters (multitouch) and there would be no errors.

5. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

No. It's so that when you're typing with both fingers, like some of us do, it will register all the key presses instead of ignoring the key you press while you're still releasing the previous key.

6. JayBat

JayBat Member

Is the multitouch liability fear on google and vzw's part for multitouch in general or just the pinch and zoom?

7. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. I'm hoping an update will eventually bring multitouch (or atleast a keyboard app with multitouch) but I'm also hoping there will be an improved cut and paste feature that uses multitouch.