Will there ever be a UK version?

Last Updated:

1. HER0

HER0 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I find it so frustrating reading about the Evo 4G and knowing that I will never be able to have one here in the UK. Every time I go into a phone shop I pick up the HTC HD2 and dream of it being the Evo, as that is the nearest we have to it.

Yes I know there has been progress towards running Android on the HD2 but c'mon, it's hardly the same.

I just want this phone! Why can't they make an Evo 3G with all the same specs otherwise?

I have searched but I can't find any news about it ever coming to the UK, so I was wondering if anybody else had any info?

Not sure how many UK readers will be in this section of the forum :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

probably not, you'll probably have the desire, the phones that are already available are just too similar to the EVO, the screen size is the only thing that differs really, even the price is the same so the EVO will stop sales on any other phone which im sure they don't want

3. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

I remember a year ago when the HD2 was a Europe exclusive, and drooling over the hardware then. Europe also had all the cool Nokia phones when the US was still pushing moto razr's.

I hope you guys get the Evo as well but it is about time the US carriers got a few nice phones to choose from.

4. HER0

Already got the desire here :) Whilst it's nice, it doesn't seem to tempt me enough to switch from my now 'old skool' hero.

5. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

The desire in my eyes blows the hero out the water

6. HER0

It does, but not when you've seen the Evo 4G