Will they fix the issue with Facebook contacts showing up in phone dialer?General

Last Updated:

1. GreyStephenson

GreyStephenson New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wondering why in the new 2.1 update they decided to force your phone-book to be populated with ALL of your Facebook contacts, rather then the ones you manually put in. I certainly have a lot more friends on Facebook then I care to have in my phone-book.

Is there a site where we can petition this issue?

Advertisement
  2. jpzsports

jpzsports Well-Known Member

I was just complaining about how they appear when you compose a message - but now I just saw that they appear in the phone dialer too! Wow, this definitely needs to be fixed.

3. CAM427R

CAM427R Member

If you go to the phonebook > menu > view you can check off which contacts you want to show in your phonebook.

4. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Well-Known Member

Just open your contacts, then press Menu/view then uncheck facebook. they will automatically be removed from the dialer. Also you can check the box that says only show contacts with numbers...

5. phonesex

phonesex Member

This does not remove contacts from the dialer.

I emailed HTC and they have no plans to fix. :-(

6. Toolanddiemaker

Toolanddiemaker Well-Known Member

There is a fix for this, kind of. in Settings>Accounts & Sync remove the account for Facebook for HTC Sense. That will get rid of them. Then get a app called Syncmypix, that will get all your contact photos of the people you do have. Some will have to added manually, by long pressing the friend and linking it to the right number. This was figured out by thenester, so send the thanks his way.

KellyC and greenmunky like this.