• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will they have a display model on Nov.6th?

ejl2010

Nov 1, 2009
I'm hoping that when I walk into the store on friday that I can test out the keyboard for a little bit and see for myself all the complaints about it. Does anybody know if they will have it out there on the first day or will it take a few days? Thanks!

I'm hoping that when I walk into the store on friday that I can test out the keyboard for a little bit and see for myself all the complaints about it. Does anybody know if they will have it out there on the first day or will it take a few days? Thanks!

I'm guessing that they might have it before Friday. When I stopped by the local kiosk in the mall yesterday one of the reps was handling two droid boxes that said "launch kit" on them. One was for the Eris and the other the Droid. I saw one of the other reps with the device in hand but when I asked my rep if they had one I could look at he said that he had just asked (apparently head person) and she said no. That told me that they have it but it is not yet "time" to make it available.

Upvote 0
Ive had the Storm since it came out, I could use that for anything. Emails, multiple messages. With what the phone will do and how nice it is, I just don't see the keyboard being the deal breaker. I really like the phone. I will see it again tonight, and double check to see if my mind changes. But I doubt it. Maybe I'm just not picky

Upvote 0
I went to Verizon yesterday hoping to put my hands at least on a demo model and they didn't have one out. Seemed strange to me since they put all of their marketing behind this release. I still plan to just go in and buy it on Friday morning but may end up at Best Buy during lunch break today to fiddle with one.

Upvote 0
I got to play with one last night at my local Verizon corp store. They said they have stock of 30 Droids and Eris each. The phone feels really good. It is very solid and I am sold. The keyboard it like most reviews have said, it is not the worst, but not the best. Will take some adjustment time. But overall the phone is tight. It was not activated so I could not see any software, but got the general feel of the hardware. The hauptic is nice with the feedback. The screen is just amazing. I will have one Friday morning. Oh, and since this Corp store needs new subscriptions, the sweetened the deal. I told them I was going to BB to get it since I did not have to come up with an extra $100 to get it. The manager is getting me a good portion of my first bill written off in addition to getting the $100 debit card. 11/6/09 6am cannot get here soon enough!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones