will things improve over time?General

Last Updated:

1. swashmore

swashmore Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 18, 2009
    Just curious? I love all the things my eris has, such as access to the internet, awesome apps, fun games, music and video capabilities, among many others. HOWEVER, the phone and texting capabilities are seriously lacking for what was suppose to be a "smart" phone. For example the lag when calling / dialing, the tendancy to accidentally call someone. But what bothers me the most is the poor texting capability. I receive many texts that should appear as a slideshow and I only receive the first and last picture in the slideshow. My Envy had no problem, ever, with slideshows. In my opinion, the phone and texting capabilities are the main reason I buy any phone - the other things are a definite bonus. My question: I realize we are on the cutting edge and first generation of the smart phones. Do you think issues with the phone and texting will improve with future updates, or am I stuck with a "not - so- smart- phone" until my two-year contract is up? I hope issues with the phone and texting can be fixed, because, as I said, I love all the other things my Eris offers.

2. smacky

smacky Banned

Jan 11, 2010
    Probably not. The Eris uses year-old hardware with year old software and already has a successor due in the next few months. It's past being ignored, it will simply not be supported after this summer, I feel.