Will this battery work for the EVO?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. chum1600

chum1600 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i don't think there is any way to tell as of yet, some are saying it will come with a 1700mAh battery some say 1500 i don't think anyone knows the true specs, but wait until closer to release and BIG companies will be making some BIG ass extended batteries for this bad boy...

it is a popular phone i can guarantee there will be no shortage of 3rd party hardware, most def including batteries

3. aaronscool

aaronscool Active Member

I'm pretty sure the stock battery is a 1500mAh. I'm also pretty sure you'll be able to go up to 1750 in the aftermarket before the size gets too big.

4. anexanhume

anexanhume Well-Known Member

Please be aware that 3rd party companies can claim whatever mAh they want without fear of retribution. This is rampant in rechargeable AA/AAA's etc. If there is any 3rd party alternative, I'd want to see some comparison tests.

5. aaronscool

aaronscool Active Member

True enough though this also applies to the manufacturer as well...

6. nickoakdl

nickoakdl Well-Known Member

There is no way of knowing what will or will not work as of yet, but for what it's worth I have bought generic extended batteries on ebay and have had them work great.

7. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I wish they can do what the old treos of old were doing. My 5 year old treo 650 has a 1800 mAh battery. If I don't use my phone as an MP3 player for the entire day, I could go without a charge for a week. :)

8. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

As far as we know, a typical Hero battery should work right? Someone mentioned how the battery is thinner and longer on the EVO so it confused me for a bit.

Anyone know?

9. cmj0929

cmj0929 New Member

i have a hero and a evo and the batteries are the same the only difference i can see in the batteries is the color Evo red :hero black