• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Will this bring me from cricket back to sprint?

Arkain

Lurker
Mar 28, 2012
Sorry to have registered just to ask a question but I am in need of an expert opinion as I don't know quite enough about how network affiliation actually happens on a smartphone.

here the situation I current have an HTC evo shift 4g that is running android 2.2 and is flashed to cricket and is currently working on cricket minus MMS.

I am want to get on my brothers sprint plan with this phone, in effect I need to get it flashed back to cricket.

I found the thread on XDA about RUU_Speedy_Sprint_WWE_1.17.651.1 with a solution for unrooting and restoring phone to default but my question is will this be enough so that I can walk in to a sprint store hand them my phone and have them change my number from cricket and let me use everything on the phone without problems?

I'm not real familiar with flashing between carrier's but I don't think just running the ruu will bring back to Sprints network. Don't quote me on that but I would think your esn would still be affiliated with cricket.

I did find this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=937652 its over a year old so it may be a little dated but it was the first I ran across.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones