Will this Nexus S dock work for my phone? May have purchased too soon

1. ChrisB12

ChrisB12 Member

I am brand-new to smartphones and cell phones in general, so this may be a dumb question. I have a Nexus S Model GT-I9020FSYMCT. I bought this dock off Amazon earlier today, but it just occurred to me that I did not check the model number. And I was actually unable to find compatible model numbers for the dock. Does that mean it will work for all models of Nexus S? Need to know if I should cancel the order!

Samsung Nexus S Multimedia Battery Charging System Including 1500mA Battery, Travel Adapter and Charging Stand

Amazon.com: Samsung Nexus S Multimedia Battery Charging System Including 1500mA Battery, Travel Adapter and Charging Stand - Combo Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Advertisement
    :
  2. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

Yes, this should work for any Nexus S variant. The only problem you tend to get is cables - if your PC has a problem recognising the device when it's in the dock then try and find another or use the original one that came with your Nexus S (that is only in the event though).
  3. Jesslynne

Jesslynne Active Member

I bought the same one, just off Ebay. It works great. The battery works fine in my phone.

It isn't really a dock per say though. It charges the battery solely. So it coming with extra battery is nice cause as one charges you can use your phone on the other. It can double as a stand though if you want it to. I never have.
  4. ChrisB12

ChrisB12 Member

Thanks very much for the replies. I decided not to cancel it and now I cannot wait for it to arrive!

Disappointed that it is not a true dock, though. The description made me it was. Oh well, having that extra battery and charger is valuable enough.