Will this phone work if...Support

Last Updated:

1. sjdean

sjdean Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...you throw it on the floor?

Love em or loathe em, Nokias really do bounce back. The amount of times I've dropped my N97. Yesterday, it crashed to the floor, battery cover and battery flew out, screen opened.

Put it back together and it works fine. That was from a rather violent 4ft height and swinging throw by accident.

If I dropped this phone, would it still work?

Advertisement
  2. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

Why don't you buy one and try it out?

Someone had to

3. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

perhaps you need to purchase one of those rhino skins or something. If you are prone to dropping it. why not take steps to protecting it?

4. Tasmin

Tasmin Well-Known Member

I've had a Samsung flip phone for >3 years that has been dropped, kicked, and chewed on by the cat. It's beat to hell but it still works. Of course, it doesn't have a touch screen so it's really not a great comparison. As others have said, protect it if you're worried. I'll probably keep my fingers crossed that Otterbox comes out with something for whatever model I end up getting.

5. J13G

J13G Member

I previously had a Samsung flip phone that went through the washer and dryer and came out working just fine! As mentioned by Tasmin, not a touch screen so not a great comparison.

6. waspbr

waspbr Well-Known Member

Same here, I have been using a samsung sgh-d900 for the last 3 years and it has survived ME pretty well.

So from experience it should be very durable, ,may only extra concern should be the touchscreen but I reckon I am just being slightly paranoid as usual.

7. stockfeed

stockfeed Member

I own an i8910 atm and i'm a builder/concretor, so my phones go through hell, and its been dropped, kicked, had concrete on it, etc blah blah and it still works fine, the touchscreen only recently recieved its first scratch and i got the phone late oct last year, so for me, the build quality is pretty good. P.S. i never had a screen protector on it and it spent most of its time tucked into a nail pouch with a bunch of nails, if that gives you an indication. Cheers.

8. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

My Moment has taken some tough drops and it hasn't hurt it at all besides a few scratches.

9. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

Lol :D

10. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

i also have samsung behold 2 (flashed with BH_MAN's rom of course) and i dropped it many times on carpet and wooden floor but not the concrete yet thank god but it still works great no scratches on the screen but i do have a screen protector on (no scratches on the protector either) samsung is well known for their toughness (their flip phones of course)

11. Partisaani

Partisaani Member

This is old thread but i