Will this save battery life?

Last Updated:

1. Jorge22f

Jorge22f Member This Topic's Starter

I've read that BLUR refreshes all the info it needs for it's social widgets every 15 minutes even if you don't have any widgets placed on your home screen. I'm thinking about buying a Cliq but the fact that BLUR is a battery killer turns me off since the main reason I want to upgrade from my G1 is to have a phone with a keyboard that has better battery life. Is there any way to turn this "Auto refresh" feature off or at least make it longer than every 15 minutes? even better are there any BLURless roms out there? has any1 tried deleting the BLUR widgets apk? would that make it so it doesnt have to "refresh"? having more memory available from being BLURless is just icing on the cake what really matters to me is battery life.

Advertisement
  2. BORIStheBLADE

BORIStheBLADE Well-Known Member

Well I think if you don't put your social networking logins into the blur stuff it shouldnt have anything to refresh or update. I axed all the built in social apps and use the regular ones now.

Right now with no Blur and GPS off I get a full day out of the phone with not much internet surfing.

3. Jorge22f

Jorge22f Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info, I'm going to give it a try.