• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will this section of the forums die when the Super Sonic is released?

It seems as if most of you will be upgrading the day it hits the stores. Does that mean this forum will die out? :eek::thinking:

Why would this forum die? I know first hand that the 4G wimax is not actually rated @ 4G. I know that "Clear" has a lot of issues with speed and such which is why I dont use them anymore. There are too many people who will scoop this Hero up because by the time those come out this phone and the moment will be much cheaper for the bargain shopper.

I plan to stick with getting the Nexus One. I am perfectly content with 1XEV and the N1.

Upvote 0
Nope, because I think plenty of Hero owners will wait until later in the year when their contract is up to upgrade just to see what is out then. My contract is up in October and I'll wait until then just to give me more options at that time. Besides, I don't have $500+ to spend on a phone when my Hero works flawlessly and is close to getting 2.1. :D

Upvote 0
Nope, because I think plenty of Hero owners will wait until later in the year when their contract is up to upgrade just to see what is out then. My contract is up in October and I'll wait until then just to give me more options at that time. Besides, I don't have $500+ to spend on a phone when my Hero works flawlessly and is close to getting 2.1. :D

great minds think a lot. very well put.

Upvote 0

THIS.

There's no sense in spending 500 bucks on a phone when you could wait a few more months, then upgrade for less to the phone that already has all the bugs worked out by those poor bastards that paid full price for the thing :p

Upvote 0
I won't be upgrading right away for a few reasons.
1. I simply can't afford too.
2. I was long overdue for a new phone when the Hero came out because my Treo 700wx was long outdated however, I normally don't like to get a phone right away like a did with the Hero because it usually takes awhile for the "kinks" to get worked out.
3. I just got the Hero in November so it's simply to soon to get rid of it especially since I'm accustomed to the phone and enjoy using it.

Now when I do upgrade I can only foresee it being for the Supersonic. I don't understand why the Nexus One was considered competition for the iPhone because it's the same size. In my opinion the Supersonic should be the TRUE iPhone killer because the screen is much bigger and the processor is much faster. The only thing I was ever jealous about of the iPhone was the screen size and wish the Hero's screen was atleast 3.7 like the Nexus One. However, when I upgrade it's going to be for all around better and faster processor, more memory, larger screen (better web viewing for sure with bigger screen, plus easier to read gps). I think both are great phones but have always believe that the only phone that would place competition on the iPhone would be the Supersonic or HTC HD which is basically the Supersonic with Windows. In the end though it's just a matter of preference. Don't worry though, there will still be plenty of us on here after those two phones are released through Sprint.

Upvote 0
the Hero performs very well for me and if it was a bit thinner and didn't have the horribly weird hardware buttons I probably wouldn't want a new phone as bad as I do now. I miss the design of the iPhone, but love Android, so I'm hoping this phone will combine both a sleek basic design with beautiful Android OS.

Upvote 0

Agreed. Everyone will go upgrade to a slightly better phone. But when my contract runs up, I want to upgrade to a lot better phone. I'll wait.

Upvote 0
I agree... that the Knee Jerk reaction thing of jumping to a newer phone is more for the Apple Fan Boii type phone owner. If the Hero continues to work as well as it has for me, and the update comes bringing with it increased usability, why would I need to upgrade? I'm a Premiere member too and COULD upgrade every year, but really no need.

I love my Hero!

;)

Upvote 0
I do plan to upgrade one day when its reasonable,I got the hero on the first day it came out the only phone I've ever done that to,I don't think a Apple fanboy has anything to do with someone wanting the newest and latest hip product everyone will eventually make that move to upgrade on their terms.the hero rocks and I think it will still have a place after the supersonic and nexus now how long that last?who know

Upvote 0
isnt the supersonic still rumored and not official?
i am 6 5 and feel like i NEED a bigger phone cuz all other phones feel small in my hand.
But if i could rom the n1 for sense UI then ill trade out the HERO asap

If you want to be technical, Yes, Sprint hasn't come out and said much about it. But they WILL be releasing it this week at CTIA, we know what for sure

Upvote 0
I sure hope the HERO forums don't die out. I love this phone. Especially, since I've ROOTed it. However, I will be getting the SUPESONIC when it's released; I will also keep my HERO. We have 3 lines and the "kids" line will get the SUPERSONIC ;). I love my HERO. Alas, I AM one to "knee-jerk" and buy something (SUPERSONIC) when it first comes out. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones