Will This Work? (Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 For Phone)

Last Updated:

1. ctmaudi

ctmaudi New Member

Is there anything that would stop a tablet with mobile internet connection, from being used as a phone with BT/wired headset, google voice and GrooVe IP?

Im trying to get out of Tmobile since they are screwing me over, and instead of getting another contract with a monthly plan of $150 or more for two lines, can get a pair of tablets with 4GB of data for $50/m.

And since they can tether, I could also get a cheap old wifi capable phone to connect to them, and use that for wifi calling with GrooVe IP as well.

Advertisement
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

First of all, welcome to AF, ctmaudi! Glad you joined :)

I don't see a problem with what you are proposing personally, although I don't have any experience with Groove IP to know for sure that this will work. If it does work, its actually kind of intriguing to me, as I make very few calls, mostly texts to my wife and data stuff.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Google voice doesn't allow MMS if I remember correctly, so that's one minor drawback. Grove IP isn't terrible, but if you find it to be unacceptable, Skype has a monthly unlimited minutes for VoIP with google voice integration for a relatively cheap price (< $10 per month) and their quality is excellent.
  4. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

What you're proposing works perfectly. I've briefly used Groove IP and it works for the most part...nothing stood out as terrible with it. I just remember the voice quality obviously isn't as good as a normal voice call.