Will This Work? (Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 For Phone)

1. ctmaudi

ctmaudi New Member

Is there anything that would stop a tablet with mobile internet connection, from being used as a phone with BT/wired headset, google voice and GrooVe IP?

Im trying to get out of Tmobile since they are screwing me over, and instead of getting another contract with a monthly plan of $150 or more for two lines, can get a pair of tablets with 4GB of data for $50/m.

And since they can tether, I could also get a cheap old wifi capable phone to connect to them, and use that for wifi calling with GrooVe IP as well.

Advertisement
    :
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

First of all, welcome to AF, ctmaudi! Glad you joined :)

I don't see a problem with what you are proposing personally, although I don't have any experience with Groove IP to know for sure that this will work. If it does work, its actually kind of intriguing to me, as I make very few calls, mostly texts to my wife and data stuff.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Google voice doesn't allow MMS if I remember correctly, so that's one minor drawback. Grove IP isn't terrible, but if you find it to be unacceptable, Skype has a monthly unlimited minutes for VoIP with google voice integration for a relatively cheap price (< $10 per month) and their quality is excellent.
  4. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

What you're proposing works perfectly. I've briefly used Groove IP and it works for the most part...nothing stood out as terrible with it. I just remember the voice quality obviously isn't as good as a normal voice call.