Will two Evos speed tested side by side give same results ?Support

Last Updated:

1. MonkeyBoy2000

MonkeyBoy2000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So will two identical phones on the same carrier give the same results when speed tested side by side ?

Stock EVO running 2.2

Advertisement
  2. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

well since doing the speed tests with one evo a few times in a row will give you different results its probable that 2 evo's will also give different results :p

3. MonkeyBoy2000

Seriously.
    If I test them at the same time, how much of a variation would there be ?

( Also, I'm talking several test taken over a ten minute span. I know that a single test can really fluctuate, but if you run several tests and have your phone consistently run slower can you trust the results ? )

4. MonkeyBoy2000

Surely some of you guys have done this test before. I tested next to another EVO. I was averaging half the speed of the other EVO ( a display model at BestBuy )

Same phones, same location, using the same speed test, at the same time.

My phone is completely stock, with all the latest updates. I don't know what I could have done to make it so slow.
    4G runs fine on the phone, and just a couple of days ago I got right at 9 Mbps. ( and a consistent 8 Mbps )
    When I get 4g where I live, speeds average around 2.5 Mbps, yet 3g is horrible and boots me offline several times a day.

5. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

Are you sure you were on the same signal? BestBuy should have WiFi in their store and the phone may have been connected to that. I've never tried that, though. I would assume that all things equal, they will yield very similar/identical result. I'm quite certain, however, that your test wasn't "all things equal".

6. MonkeyBoy2000

Pretty sure it wasn't on WiFi. I saw the 3G signal light up on both phones. I think I would have noticed the WiFi indicator, but I could be wrong.

I should have tried to notice if our bars were the same results as well, but I was pressed for time and kind of in the way of the shoppers so the store associates wanted me gone as soon as possible.