Support Will two Evos speed tested side by side give same results ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MonkeyBoy2000, Sep 25, 2010.

1. MonkeyBoy2000

MonkeyBoy2000 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    So will two identical phones on the same carrier give the same results when speed tested side by side ?

Stock EVO running 2.2

Advertisement
  2. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    SF
    well since doing the speed tests with one evo a few times in a row will give you different results its probable that 2 evo's will also give different results :p

3. MonkeyBoy2000

Aug 3, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Seriously.
    If I test them at the same time, how much of a variation would there be ?

( Also, I'm talking several test taken over a ten minute span. I know that a single test can really fluctuate, but if you run several tests and have your phone consistently run slower can you trust the results ? )

4. MonkeyBoy2000

Aug 3, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Surely some of you guys have done this test before. I tested next to another EVO. I was averaging half the speed of the other EVO ( a display model at BestBuy )

Same phones, same location, using the same speed test, at the same time.

My phone is completely stock, with all the latest updates. I don't know what I could have done to make it so slow.
    4G runs fine on the phone, and just a couple of days ago I got right at 9 Mbps. ( and a consistent 8 Mbps )
    When I get 4g where I live, speeds average around 2.5 Mbps, yet 3g is horrible and boots me offline several times a day.

5. Are you sure you were on the same signal? BestBuy should have WiFi in their store and the phone may have been connected to that. I've never tried that, though. I would assume that all things equal, they will yield very similar/identical result. I'm quite certain, however, that your test wasn't "all things equal".

6. MonkeyBoy2000

Aug 3, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Pretty sure it wasn't on WiFi. I saw the 3G signal light up on both phones. I think I would have noticed the WiFi indicator, but I could be wrong.

I should have tried to notice if our bars were the same results as well, but I was pressed for time and kind of in the way of the shoppers so the store associates wanted me gone as soon as possible.

Tags: