Will USB headset work on Droid?

Last Updated:

1. jforum

jforum New Member This Topic's Starter

Does the USB port on Driod support an USB headset like the one you plug into a computer's USB port?

Connection wise, I can use the charging USB cable, an USB Type A female to female gender changer, then plug an USB headset onto it. Of course this is not for mobility. I would like to use my comfortable USB headset with my Droid wile working at my home office.

And similarly, will it work on HTC Driod Eris?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Nope. No audio out via USB on the Droid.

3. jforum

jforum New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a lot.

4. malklavious

malklavious Well-Known Member

If there was a stereo jack to USB jack converter that might work....

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Hmmm - I have a USB to stereo output for my old Logitech headset. I wonder if I used a male to male 1/8" stereo plug, then used a USB female to female gender changer, and plugged my USB headset into that....

Probably not, though lol. I don't think that the headset output is powered enough to drive that particular device.

It might be easier to get a set of 1/8" stereo to dual RCA plugs, connect that to your computer, then connect your headset to your computer. Of course, that only works when you have a computer handy with RCA input for audio....Or you could use a long 1/8" stereo to 1/8" stereo cable (male to male) to connect to your computer.

For computer-less applications, go with a BlueTooth headset - I got a set of Motorola's MOTOROKR S9 HD for ~$60 (original MSRP was $179). Well worth the investment, with the added benefit of no wires.