Will Verizon Let Me Exchange?

Last Updated:

1. Pauliecoon

Pauliecoon Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having trouble getting my Droid to charge. The jack will barely hold the plug, I have to wiggle with it to get it just right and back away from it slowly. It's a PITA at night when I want to go to sleep and have to spend 10 minutes getting my phone to charge and stay that way.

Only issue is, my water damage indicator went off a few months ago when my Droid decided to take a shower with me. Although the two are completely unrelated, would Verizon take it back? (No, I'm not talking about insurance, though I do have it)

[Accidentally posted this in the root section first, kindly ignore that one!]

Advertisement
  2. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Man people are doing the darnedest things to exchange their phones. I don't think they'll take it back since you submerged the phone in water. You can always try since it's still under warranty I presume.

3. Pauliecoon

Phone has been, and still is working fine since the water incident. This isn't a ploy to get a new one. I'm having a real issue that is causing me real grief.

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

unfortunately VZW is going to say since the water indicator is tripped its not covered under warranty. Really there is no way to prove that your issue has nothing to do with the contact with water. Insurance is your best bet at this point.

5. Pauliecoon

Well poop. I'd prefer not to pay $90 to possibly get an Eris.

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

last I heard they were replacing with Droids and if they offer you an eris or an ally just keep asking for the supervisor until you get someone that can get you a droid or something newer.

Pauliecoon likes this.
  7. Pauliecoon

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks for your help.

8. roothorick

roothorick Member

Water damage can't cause that specific issue; since it's clear the phone still works otherwise, there's a decent chance they'll let you do an in-warranty exchange anyway. Just try it, I say.

9. Pauliecoon

Yeah, it's obviously not a moisture issue. The usb plug just wont let a cable stay inside:

The cable that comes with the phone has the little prongs (for lack of a better word) that it uses to hold itself in the port. The prongs on the cable are fine (I've tried several others to be sure). There's something physically wrong inside the port that wont allow one of the prongs to attach itself, thus half the cable wont stay in contact.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9784/usbcable.jpg

Linked it because it's so wide, and I'm too lazy to resize.