Will Vigor (Rezound) have the new, smaller micro-SIM card?General

1. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

Curious if anyone out there knows if the Vigor will support a normal-sized SIM, or is it the new micro-SIM like the RAZR has. Curious, because it means I won't be able to do a simple SIM swap between it and the Thunderbolt.

Advertisement
    :
  2. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Ugh, you had to go there didn't you? :p This is definitely going to be a PITA. I definitely hope that it's a "normal" sized SIM because if it's not then every time you switch phones you'll have to get a new SIM card. Where I work they have iPhone 4s and iPhone 3s and when someone upgrades their phone I have to go through a whole song and dance with AT&T instead of them just swapping telephone numbers and SIM data. I think I have about 30 SIM cards sitting here that are worthless since we can't use them on a different device but have data on them from the previous user.

I wonder what benefit besides space the new smaller SIM card poses and why they didn't just go to a smaller 4G SIM card with the TB and other 4G devices to begin with.

Not to sound like a broken record but the Thunderbolt seemed very ill conceived. It's like HTC and Verizon got drunk at a party, had a one night stand and 9 months later they had to go to their estranged parents for hand me down furnitiure and clothes for the baby they weren't expecting.
    EgoDogg likes this.
  3. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

I think that micro sims were just coming onto the market when it came out. Now if they just make this mandatory for all phones going forward we should be fine, but this is Verizon we're talking about here.

Edit: Just checked, the micro sim apparently came out in the ipad2 in late January 2010. So we can thank apple for this.
  4. inkdesigner

inkdesigner Well-Known Member

Do any of the countries outside of the US use micro-SIM cards? This could be a way VZW is maintaining revenue. In the past, you could unlock your VZW world phone and then use a SIM from another carrier to circumvent VZW's insanely high overseas pricing. If no other carrier is using or offering micro-SIM cards, then VZW will be assured the revenue since you would not be able to use a local SIM.
  5. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

I hear the bigger SIMs can be cut down to fit a microSIM slot with a pair of scissors, so no worries there.
    jd1970 likes this.
  6. moondrius

moondrius Well-Known Member

In the video of the pre production model it uses a full sized sim. Things could have changed but I am 99% sure it will release with the same sim and not the micro sim.