Will VZW give us Blocking Mode in 4.3 update??General

1. GadgetGeek

GadgetGeek Well-Known Member

So now that the Verizon GN3 has launched with 4.3 having Samsung's Blocking Mode intact - and also the WiFi toggle. I'm sure hoping we will get this in the 4.3 update for the GS4.

Thoughts / rumors /speculation? :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

We received the Wi-Fi toggle in the last update.
  3. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

That's correct. Although if I remember correctly, you had to factory reset after the update to restore the toggle which many didn't know.

I'm surprised VZW kept out blocking mode. I thought everyone got it.
  4. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

That's correct...once I did factory reset my Wi-Fi toggle showed up. What is the blocking mode that is mentioned here?
  5. Darnell0216

If you've ever heard an iPhone user talk about Do Not Disturb mode, it's essentially the same thing.

Blocking mode allows you to disable alerts for Calls, Notifications, Alarms, or the LED as a whole or on a schedule. If necessary, the setting also has an Allow List for contacts, in case you want select people to be able to reach you even when it's enabled. I use it on nights neither my wife nor I want to hear pings and dings throughout the night for email or app alerts. Not many realize the LED is connected to the light sensor in some way, getting brighter in darker environments.
  6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

7. marine one

marine one Well-Known Member

I have the Silent Time app. It sounds like it does pretty much the same thing.
  8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I'm wondering if that's not a specific Samsung feature. I'm not rooted and running pure Android 4.3 and do not have this Block feature.
  9. Darnell0216

If you have a Google Edition phone without the Samsung software, you wouldn't have Blocking Mode anyway ;). It is standard with the versions that have Samsung software intact, but a select few carriers removed the feature.
  10. Petrah

Aye. That's why I said it's a Samsung feature. ;)
  11. Darnell0216

Did I misunderstand your context? Saying "I'm wondering if that's not a specific Samsung feature." led me to believe you thought it was not, or was that a typo that got away from ya? :)
  12. Petrah

I think you just misunderstood how the word not is used in this particular way. It's all good though.. no worries. ;)