• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will VZW have ONE year contracts

The new every 2 was a joke. The new phone they offer is crap-cheap clamshells. Your not missing much with that.

But you also got a "discount" on all the other phones and they are doing away with that. Instead of the X being $199 with a 2 year contract it would've been $299 without the discount. It's almost like Verizon has spies from other companies changing there policies to run all their customers away to other companies. First they already have the highest prices, and then they unveiled the ridiculously overpriced tiered 4g and now they are going to charge more than other companies for the phones also. I think I'm going to Sprint when my contract is up.

Upvote 0
But you also got a "discount" on all the other phones and they are doing away with that. Instead of the X being $199 with a 2 year contract it would've been $299 without the discount. It's almost like Verizon has spies from other companies changing there policies to run all their customers away to other companies. First they already have the highest prices, and then they unveiled the ridiculously overpriced tiered 4g and now they are going to charge more than other companies for the phones also. I think I'm going to Sprint when my contract is up.

Sorry, but your math is incorrect. Regular price would be $199, then a NE2 discount would bring it down by either $100, $50 or $35 depending on the timing and your contract. $299 was before the rebates if you got it in a store, then had to wait for $100 gift card. Order it online, and the rebate was built in.

Upvote 0

But for years I have seen the $199 price with 2 year contract extension or sign up. Again, it's really not New Every two.

Upvote 0
Sorry, but your math is incorrect. Regular price would be $199, then a NE2 discount would bring it down by either $100, $50 or $35 depending on the timing and your contract. $299 was before the rebates if you got it in a store, then had to wait for $100 gift card. Order it online, and the rebate was built in.

No, the rebate is the discount for ne2 and new customers, not and extra $100 off of the $199 price.

Upvote 0
But for years I have seen the $199 price with 2 year contract extension or sign up. Again, it's really not New Every two.

For that time it was $199 after rebate which was mailed to you or instant depending when you got it or where you got it. They are doing away with the rebate (currently they no longer do the gift card rebate, its now a instant rebate).

Upvote 0
No, the rebate is the discount for ne2 and new customers, not and extra $100 off of the $199 price.

Well, believe what you want. The rebate is NOT the NE2 discount. If that's how you paid for your phone, you were ripped off. I know how I got mine, and my NE2 was applied to the after-rebate $199 price, and if you look at some of the threads here, you will see the same for everyone who was eligible. Now, if they want to do away with rebates, fine, but that had/has nothing to do with the NE2 discount.

And I just looked at the website...seems that the instant online rebate doesn't appear anymore. It's a mail-in gift card. You seem to have your stuff backwards.

Upvote 0
Ok I sell VZW phones for a living. I have for 3 years now. Here's the deal on the NE2. If you're the primary line on the account and sign a 2 year contract after 20 months VZW would give you $50 off in store if your price plan is under $79.99 a month. Plans over $79.99 a month got $100 off the top. The is in ADDITION to any eligible rebates on the equipment. The rebates have absolutely nothing to do with the NE2 at all.

Reactions: mahers
Upvote 0
Ok I sell VZW phones for a living. I have for 3 years now. Here's the deal on the NE2. If you're the primary line on the account and sign a 2 year contract after 20 months VZW would give you $50 off in store if your price plan is under $79.99 a month. Plans over $79.99 a month got $100 off the top. The is in ADDITION to any eligible rebates on the equipment. The rebates have absolutely nothing to do with the NE2 at all.
My bill is $202 a month and I'm the primary account, the two reps I talked to (each at different times and locations) told me the $100 dollar rebate was the ne2, guess they lied to me and ripped me off. Another reason to switch carriers when my contract is up I guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones