Will we be able to tap the screen and have the phone call the number?Support

Last Updated:

1. Codec

Codec Well-Known Member

this is a feature i really like with my incredible, but apple is blocking this now?

2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Well-Known Member

Apple? What you talking bro?
  3. NightxFall

NightxFall Well-Known Member

Apple is patent trolling everyone. Namely HTC for "data tapping" which is tapping on a phone number and a context menu pops up. Ridiculous, but I think its now been removed from Sense 4. Unfortunately Apple for whatever reason thinks HTC is still infringing on the patent so this phone could see another delay. The GS3 design is actually growing on me, that large screen might actually be pretty nice...
  4. Nightwind Hawk

Nightwind Hawk Well-Known Member

The last I heard, was that HTC changed it so that instead of a context menu that says something like:

What would you like to do?

It will be the default Android dialog:

Complete Action Using:
    SMS Text

That's what they did for the One X import problem. I'm not sure if it will change after this next case of Apple's whining.
    Codec and today like this.
  5. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

Actually, what I read is that instead of a popup asking what you want to do when you tap a number or address, you'll have to set defaults in the settings. So instead of a popup everytime you tap an address, you'll set the default to be Maps. And if you want to change it, you'd simply go into the settings to change it.
  6. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

That is what i read as well. You setup the defaults in the settings so you can bypass the context menu.
  7. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

This hasn't worked for my dinc 2 since I got it. Known bug that they wouldn't fix.
  8. JaggedEdge

JaggedEdge Member

I think they will figure out a way to get it working, but every time you do it you will receive a bill from Apple.
  9. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Well-Known Member

Nightwind Hawk likes this.