Will we ever see below $179 for upgrades/add-a-lines?

Last Updated:

1. Clocks

Clocks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'd really like to see the epic hit $99 for upgrades/add-a-line before I buy one for myself and my g/f....but it's starting to look like we'll be well into next year before any real sales happen. What a bummer. I'd rather not do the whole "pay $199 get a gift card" thing either...but if another sale like that pops up I'll probably jump on it.

Advertisement
  2. Ragafoo

Ragafoo New Member

Just got an epic at sams, $150 I think the sale ends today though.

3. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

I think we've seen the good deals until after the first of the year. I got mine @ Walmart for the $129.99 net which includes the $100 gift card which is basically the same as cash since we do considerable shopping at Walmart anyhow. Good luck!

4. sidwin

sidwin Member

i got mine from wirefly for 179 plus coupon code for free renegade bt headset. then i got sprint to waive the $36 activation and no tax, free shipping. crazy deal if you ask me.

5. nismospec

nismospec Well-Known Member

online only special at radioshack for $179 upgrade.
    Samsung Epic 4G for Sprint - RadioShack Wireless

so my question is...the epic has been out for a few months, are there any other sprint android phones coming out in the 1st qtr of 2011 that will be just as good if not better?

with the $179 pricetag, it may be time to jump ship, but I don't want to jump ship if something later and greater is on the horizon.

6. hbundles88

hbundles88 Member

yeah I saw that special at radioshack, it's gonna last all month I think. Sprint prob won't have any new phones till the end of the 1st quarter. Does anyone know what carrier is getting the playstation phone?

7. Clocks

Clocks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

To answer your question about upcoming phones, looks like the HTC evo shift 4g will be coming on Jan 9th (still rumors). It's the same as the G2 (which I like a lot) with a slightly different look and with HTC sense. I'm going to hold off on the epic until the launch date is official.

8. hbundles88

hbundles88 Member

clocks, do you think that's an upgrade over the epic? I looked at it and it looks like a small evo with the keyboard

9. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

It also lacks the front camera from leaks on it.

10. nismospec

nismospec Well-Known Member

I'd say the EVO shift is just another "me too" and not something ahead of its time and new. That's all I was asking about.
    Just making sure i'm not jumping ship to 4G while everyone else is getting ready to jump to 5G and 6G (sarcasm of course...but you get my point).

11. hbundles88

hbundles88 Member

I was able to get a screen protector and car charger with my epic purchase from radioshack wireless

12. Inferno4213

Inferno4213 Well-Known Member

Anyone seen a better price lately? My brother, sister, & I are looking to buy my dad one but we're all in HS or College so we don't have a ton of money lying around.

13. MetaX

MetaX Active Member

One thing I never understood about sprint is their holiday specials, I used to work there and all 4 of us major wireless retailers where next to each other...all othr ones was like buy one get one free, buy 2 get 2 free, then sprint by one get $50 off this $300 phone...yaay?? All other stores were always crowded holiday season but ours was just an ordinary day...

14. adjuster

adjuster Member

Sam's Club has the Epic for $149 this weekend. I went to Best Buy and they price matched (wanted black tie coverage).. Appears to be only Sam's brick and mortar since online still showed $199 for upgrade.

15. capitoldog

capitoldog Well-Known Member

I contacted 3 local Best Buys, and they would not price match Sam's Club because it is a membership store. Another Best Buy said they wouldn't price match because it was $100 below their price! WHATEVER!! So I called Sam's Club to try and get in there for 1 day trial....... To make a long story short... You don't even need to be a member to go in and buy from the cell phone people! They are separate from Sam's Club. They said I just go straight in to the cell phone desk and it would be $149 for an upgrade price! I will be buying my wife's Epic tomorrow morning!