Will we ever see ICS or JB for the Avail?General

1. jb_for_all

jb_for_all Member

I just want to know if its even possible. If so what needs to be done I am ready to try it. I think it would be so cool to rock Jelly Bean on this little phone...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

You ned to rebuild the kernel more than likely. I've tried getting ICS running but have had no success so far.
  3. jb_for_all

jb_for_all Member

I will be looking in to this. But it would take me a while as I am new to this side of the android. I just rooted yesterday. A while back I had a iFone 3G and had it jailbroke and all kinds a crap on it. I broke free with a Samsung Infuse and it opened a whole new world of awesome for me.
  4. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

I have the ROM set up for it as far as I know, but the boot.img itself is the problem (kernel and ramdisk).
  5. crcdud

crcdud Member

Well im almost got jellybean for the merit but 2 files wont load on boot
  6. jb_for_all

jb_for_all Member

Awesome! I have been some what happy with the Go Launcher stuff but If you get JB to work? You will be my friend forever.
  7. mixmax

mixmax Member

that's great news! keep us posted :)
  8. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

Meh, make mine gingerbread. I had one week with JB and regretted it. Too different and a lot of stuff got changed or moved around. And that was just a kindle fire. Either way I downgraded.