Will we EVER see this on the Hero in the future?

Last Updated:

1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Smooth scrolling.

That's right, do you ever think we will see smooth scrolling on our Hero? There are a lot of places where scrolling IS smooth, for example in Settings, scrolling through Facebook newsfeed, etc.

But as I'm sure most of you know, scrolling through a lot of the Sense stuff can be VERY chopping. Open the People app, and try scrolling...very sluggish. Same with browsing music in the Music app, or the Messages app. Even in the main Apps menu! I swipe down with my thumb, and it takes a second or two for the screen to catch up and scroll.

If you open Music, People, Messages, etc. and just swipe up and down repeatedly, you can see the sluggishness. Im not saying it won't go up and down, im just saying its pretty choppy and not smooth.

Do you think we will ever see smooth scrolling? Perhaps in the next 2.1 update? Or should is there just no hope?

EDIT//
    Here is an example of what I'm talking about. At about 0:44, he flicks the screen in order to scroll, but there is a slight delay. I know it doesnt seem like a big deal, but if it happens often it gets annoying... plus, other phones (cough* iphone) dont have that delay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik-HYsseLjQ

Advertisement
  2. bbrandon

bbrandon Member

I had the choppy scrolling issue UNTIL...I started closing out all apps. (I use "Advanced app killer", and kill all apps periodically throughout the day). This has helped dramatically with scrolling responsiveness, and overall phone responsiveness and speed.

3. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

Task killers do absolutely nothing they hurt your phone more than help read the task manager sticky

4. bbrandon

bbrandon Member

If you notice I said "I" have had a good experience with task managing and scrolling. So before we make blanket statements about all task managers, we need to recognize all task managers are unique and offer different options to balance increased speed and maintain functionality.

5. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

1+ second that... first hand experience a few times and finally just stopped using them all together

6. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Sounds like a defective unit. I have never experienced this.

7. FrogSplatter

FrogSplatter Member

heh dont jump on the "Defective unit" bandwagon at the first sign of trouble. Chances are you've loaded an app thats hampering your phone somehow... I've been beta testing a few commercial apps for android phones and I have an email app that chokes my phone down hard.

8. dvdqnoc

No, its not a defective unit. I've messed around with several Hero's, and its all the same. In fact, I think it is an Android thing, which is why I was seeing if it could possibly be fixed with a future update. The Nexus One OS seems to have smoother scrolling...

9. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

its not only you.. i have that on my mytouch as well.. i restart the phone everyday and it helps from time to time. but not always. it has to be shitty 1.6

atleast you guys have an update slated for you.. so you will atleast find out.

10. Chief7

Chief7 Well-Known Member

I read this thread while awaiting the arrival of my Hero but am thrilled to report that mine scolls very smothly - even after a full day of adding, searching, customizing, etc. Go figure!

11. dvdqnoc

Yeah, I'm very thankful that we have an update coming our way. But for you, as a MyTouch user, you will soon have the option to upgrade to the NEXUS ONE! Or I think the HTC Passion/Bravo is coming to T-Mobile sometime this month as well?

12. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

I have smooth scrolling when the app I'm scrolling in is not updating. Seesmic and People, for example, stutter when the user images are still loading, but are smooth once they have dropped in. Apps that access data from the phone itself such as the PDF viewer seem to be just fine.

13. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

+1 for smooth scrolling hero here.

14. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

Mine scrolls smooth too

15. Will22

Will22 Active Member