• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will we get this new Samsung keyboard for the S2?

allout

Dec 10, 2011
New Samsung keyboard

Best Keyboard For Android (New Samsung Keyboard With SwiftKey Swype Features) Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube

I cannot get Swype to cap the first letter in a sentence using voice. Seems there is a problem. The cap setting is ticked. I have used several keyboards on my two tablets and typing on the Samsung keyboard works well by comparison, the voice work very well. If I could find the shortcut to off/on the prediction it would be better. The new Samsung keyboard looks nice.

New Samsung keyboard

Best Keyboard For Android (New Samsung Keyboard With SwiftKey Swype Features) Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube

I cannot get Swype to cap the first letter in a sentence using voice. Seems there is a problem. The cap setting is ticked. I have used several keyboards on my two tablets and typing on the Samsung keyboard works well by comparison, the voice work very well. If I could find the shortcut to off/on the prediction it would be better. The new Samsung keyboard looks nice.

I have no problem using the voice typing and it auto caps on the sentence on voice typing for me just fine.

Codegerm

Upvote 0
“I have no problem using the voice typing and it auto caps on the sentence on voice typing for me just fine.”

Thanks, it is good to knows it can work. Is your Swype the one from the factory, with a ROM, or installed after root?

I am using V 326.920....13564 sph_d710 on a phone with 4.0.4 FI22.

I have unticked restarted then reticked restarted again with no joy. Is it possible to delete and reinstall?

Contacted Radio Shack support and they did not have an answer. However, that is a nifty service with people who are on the ball. We went over various input settings unsuccessfully. From what support said, Google search, and Swype forum, some are having a problems and others it works fine. I do hope that we get the new keyboard in the near future.

Upvote 0
If you untick only the cap setting in Swype does it fail to cap the first letter with voice?

RS and I went over all of the setting we could find in input and did the trail and error thing but found no fix. Swype and Samsung output the voice in a different manner as it appears on the screen, but I was told by RS that both use Google's voice engine, I don't know. I do like the way Samsung does the voice and offer the underlined words for correction.

Upvote 0
Reactions: allout
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones