Will we see 2.2.1 in a ROM soon?

Last Updated:

1. smacky

smacky Banned This Topic's Starter

Since it was released to the N1 a few days ago, do you think we'll see a build on it soon?

Advertisement
  2. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

what changes were made?

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

if you use a source built rom and then you will probably get it on their next release.

4. smacky

smacky Banned This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure. So far, it has only been released to the Nexus One, the developer phone and it was supposed to fix some minor bug.

So we will see one in a ROM like UD or something? I doubt it'll make a world of a difference, but I'm just all about having the latest and greatest in firmwares for anything, so....

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I honestly have no idea if UD is even source built Ive never ran it. If a rom maker regularly syncs with AOSP then you will have the most updated source with each version of the rom.

6. kujayhawks77

kujayhawks77 Well-Known Member

So far from what I have gathered the new build kills the one click root method and changes something with the unlock with exchange email for the Nexus. Not sure I want to see this.

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

the most recent droid build FRG22D killed the 1click root apps. Its actually a good thing cause it was an easily exploitable hole. Could have easily been used maliciously. If you are already root it makes no difference to you anyway. I think the exchange unlock is also an issue on FRG22D although Im not sure since I dont use exchange.

8. bjamerican

bjamerican Well-Known Member

Most importantly, in my opinion, Nexus 1 users are reporting that the latest update has fixed the AACplus audio decoding issues!

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I hope it's true.