1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Will you buy from Gameloft... if DRM is only for 1 download???

Will you buy from Gameloft with the current DRM policy?

Poll closed Jun 9, 2010.
  1. I'll buy the game... over and over I don't care.. money is no object

3.7%
  2. What?!?! They wont see a dime unless they go google period

96.3%

Last Updated:

1. SHO_ONE

SHO_ONE Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Read this Do Not Buy Anything From Gameloft Letters from Dave and was sick...

I for one will not buy any games from gameloft unless this changes and they get apps in the google market place. I for one can do without if they chose to go this route. I hope this poll can go as far as to show how many customers could potentially be lost. Please vote.

Advertisement
  2. lion2

lion2 Well-Known Member

3. daveloft

daveloft Well-Known Member

It's not just one download that is the issue. It downloads to your SD card, so you do have access to it for later (not that it turns out to be useful). The issue is if you uninstall the game and than later decide you want to play it, you can't. After reinstalling the game, it will tell you that the game is not original and will quit. Contact Gameloft and they will tell you to buy it again.

4. lion2

lion2 Well-Known Member

Ouch! It's even worse than I thought. So the install file "self destructs" after its first install?

5. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

Gameloft sucks. These are only poorly ported iPhone versions of the game anyways. I will certainly not be giving them any of my business. If you look you can find pirated copies of their games online anyways, apparently they work on the Droid and a few other phones pretty well.

6. Jayziac

Jayziac Well-Known Member

Developers need to make money selling games, but this is too restrictive. They should just use the Apps Market. Why reinvent the wheel?

7. lion2

lion2 Well-Known Member

I'd rather support the developer to encourage more android development. This type of DRM only hurts the customer.

8. SHO_ONE

just provided them my $0.02.... basically said that I used to won a Palm Pre and enjoyed the fact that I was able to purchase and re-purchase my games of the Pre's market place and would like the same experience on the Android platform. I listed the 6 games I had purchased and mentioned that I would have re-purchased the games plus NOVA and Modern Combat... I lastly mentioned that I will no longer buy anything from Gameloft until A.) games are put on the Google Android Market Place / B.) DRM is lifted so we can reinstall our purchases ... otherwise BOYCOTT!!

9. SHO_ONE

I too would rather support the Dev's and right now I wont until the DRM crap is gone!

10. SHO_ONE

has anyone else gone to gameloft and posted a compaint? I'm waiting... I would imagine their responce would be a generic one....

11. lion2

lion2 Well-Known Member

I did get a response from Gameloft and it was the exact same response daveloft got. I definitely wont be buying any Gameloft games.

12. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

There's a nice post of this in the Games section too, seems the consensus is that Gameloft would rather have their games pirated, which is fine with me :)