Will you go T-mob or wait for N1 or comparable on other network?

Last Updated:

1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I returned my droid a couple of weeks ago on rumors of a google phone. The droid was a little slow for me. It just wasn't snappy like the iphone.
    Now i'm weighing my options. The N1 looks to be a great phone but I'm not sure how good T-mob will be.

Will you get it when it first comes out or wait and see if Google gets the phone for other carriers?

I wish all US carriers were GSM so we had more options. As it stands we can only choose between 2 for either one (Tmob/ATT or Verizon/Sprint)

Advertisement
  2. Slingshot

Slingshot Well-Known Member

Not me....I am waiting for HTC to drop something good on Big Red.
    Just give me the HD2 on Android instead of WinMo and I will by a happy camper.

3. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

This is a tough call for me, I'd really like to get my hands on this phone.
    I think Verizon is going to have to make an announcement in the very near future or risk losing a bunch of customers to t-mobile. This phone is set to give a big boost of market-share to t-mobile. I've asked around and t-mobile's network sounds 2nd only to Verizon in my area.

4. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

This unlocked phone is way too crippled for me. I mean, it would be like getting a Ferrari when you can only drive it on your driveway. Even if I could get past the exclusive T-Mobile 3G frequency (for crying out loud, only one other carrier in the WORLD uses this frequency), I can't get past the fact that I then have to pay full price because I have a family plan? Not that I'd switch my entirely family over, but this "business model" doesn't seem well thought out at all by Google. I'm disappointed in them as a company. No thanks. I'll wait for whatever Verizon is getting, hopefully in the next month, with regards to an HTC snapdragon offering. Again, if this was a pentaband phone that included AT&T 3G, I'd have something to think about, but T-Mobile only? Seems kinda like a lame, half-ass crack at trying to be different. I'm thinking Google has been reading too much of their own press.

5. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

The HTC Bravo is a much better phone... For the same cost... So might as well wait for that...

6. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

why do people act like they know how much the bravo will cost?

7. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

Unlike the other 3 actual big networks Tmo (aka the urban network) doesn't have 3G in my area. Also my next phone I want on a 1 year contract. Hence waiting to see what HTC cooks up for Verizon.

8. laughter95

laughter95 Well-Known Member

this is a real disappointment. i could maybe squeeze 400 for this phone, but that's the last price point i can deal with.

9. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

Because brand spanking New (just released) Unloked HTC phones usullaly run for about $600-$700 bucks... Except for the HD2 which is a much bigger phone, 4.3", which is about $720 unlocked.. Even when imported...

htc hd2 unlocked price - Google Product Search

But that is a much bigger screen....:cool:

10. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

$540 and $700 isn't the same thing. i'll be getting a new contract with the next phone I buy, so it doesn't matter to me 1 way or another as far as unsubsidized. I just wish we could hear news about the Bravo/Incredible during/immediately after the CES.

11. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

Really.. The $720 phone has a 4.3" screen... So we can expect the HTC Bravo to be more on the mid to low $600 range... Which is very close to $540 for much better hardware... So, I see them in the same range...:cool:

Do hope more info is know about HTC plans are for their phones after google this crap pie release...

12. laughter95

laughter95 Well-Known Member

am i just being hopeful that the phone won't cost as much as what these leaked pages say?

13. giomasterg

giomasterg Well-Known Member

I really hope the price is lower but i will still have to get it regardless....... The g1 needs an upgrade

14. SLVR

SLVR Well-Known Member

depending on what happens to the bravo/incredible/passion I would buy the phone unlocked. I like tmobile and never had a problem with them they are great in my area and are cheap and I never did like the price for Red and ATT. I dont like the 500 minutes thing though I talk a ridiculous amount. So I was thinking buying it unlocked and getting even more plus thing.

15. LansdowneMike

LansdowneMike Well-Known Member

As a moderately satisfied G1 owner (who is off his TMO contract) I'll most definitely get the new contract. That price for this phone is a great deal. Especially if Google is responsible for the updates.