Will you sale the current device for a Galaxy S5?General

1. shockcat

shockcat New Member

Anyone is also thinking of selling your current handset for the newest S5?

I am looking for an upgrade and exciting for the Galaxy S5 with cutting edge of technology after having my Note N7000 for two years, so it is going to be sold with a Mpj 7000mAh battery I bought half year ago. Both of the smart phone and battery are still working great, lasting 2-3 days long and I really hope this company will launch batteries for S5. My question is what price should I set? Will anyone still want a N7000?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

It looks like Notes in excellent condition are going for under $200. Swappa has one for $180.
  3. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Nope, it's not worth it from a Galaxy S4.

From a Note though it's a good upgrade, so long as you don't root.
    mikedt likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Not at the moment, maybe next year when the S5 is likely to be cheaper. Although the KNOX and e-fuse stuff has soured my tastes for Samsung somewhat.
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

If I do get the S5... Yeah I'll trade in my Note 3 to help defray costs. I'm hoping T-Mobile will do a bundle with a Gear watch device though. If not I'll probably keep my Note 3 until the Note 4 comes out.
  6. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

Is that a Note 1 or 2?

You getting a smaller screen and no s-pen.

I got HTC One now and I am saving $ to get Note 4 in Oct.
  7. ecgonow

ecgonow Member

Your N7000 is a second hand phone. You can sell it at 300 USD. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is coming, the design is really nice. I have a iPhone 4S, when the S5 price down, i will sell my iPhone and buy the Galaxy S5.
  8. waterous

waterous New Member

No, il keep the old and buy a new.
  9. excav8ter

excav8ter Well-Known Member

Plan to get the S5, my son wants my S4 and my daughter may get my sons Note 2.... or I may sell the Note 2 and get my daughter the S4 as well. I have 2 more upgrades, after I get my S5, that I am waiting to use until the Note 4 comes out.
  10. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

2014 so far has been pretty depressing when it come to Android flagship devices.

Galaxy S5 looks much the same and is packed full of features, impressive camera but many features I don't want and it got bigger and now has Snapdragon 801.

HTC One M8 looks much the same but it got taller, same 4MP camera more or less with and now also with Snapdragon 801.

What's next? :(
  11. timelord65

timelord65 Well-Known Member

No I have a note 3 and see no reason other than the slightly better camera/screen to get the S5. The Note 4 will be better specked, just have to wait a few months.
  12. axel_2078

axel_2078 Well-Known Member

Nope. I'm keeping my iPhone 4s as a backup.
  13. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

I'm sitting out this round.
    (1) The S5 isn't a compelling enough upgrade from my S4.
    (2) I don't want an even bigger phone.
    (3) The band-aid texture on the S5 is tacky. Samsung should have done with the S5 what they did with the S4 Black Edition.
    [​IMG]
    (4) I won't have another device with Knox and put up with the efuse debacle again, so the S4 may be my last tour with Samsung.
  14. artbytes

artbytes Well-Known Member

I have an S3 and will be upgrading to the S5. It's tempting to sell the S3, but I generally like to keep the previous phone as a backup. I still get upgrades with my contract, but trying to replace a lost or stolen phone would be super expensive.
  15. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member

wow i have seen my current phone go for as low as $42 on ebay. no love for the galaxy nexus. Upgrade here i come!
  16. parkert

parkert Member

17. JSanchez41

JSanchez41 Well-Known Member

Sure would with the quickness
  18. nonsis

nonsis New Member

I am uncertain about whether it is huge jump from Note 2:confused:
  19. ANewDay

ANewDay Well-Known Member

No, my S4 is perfectly fine. I don't want a bigger and thicker device.
  20. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Nope! The S5 is basically just an S4 with a better camera ...Which is very important to me honestly, however I just can't deal with touchwiz and feel like my nexus 5 can get me though most of 2014 without my inner geek coming out and forcing my pocket.

I will say I think the back looks and feels better then the S4, but at the end of the day its still that same old hardware we've seen on the GS3 & GS4, if ever there was a company that needed a hardware refresh its Samsung.

Lol...so far 2014 has been a let down in terms of new devices! HTC gets its right with the M8's hardware and software tweaks, but kills it by putting a below average camera on board, and Samsung gets ships the S5 with an insanely awesome camera with the same old boring hardware and that same old boring software.

Maybe LG or Sony or even a dark horse like moto/lenovo that were not even counting on will get it right at some point this year and drop a phone with some serious excitement behind it.
  21. trido

trido Member

Yes have a iPhone 5s on ebay right now
  22. swizzleswirl

swizzleswirl New Member

I am selling/sold my Nexus 5 and iPhone 5 to make room for the GS5. It's looking more & more like the best of both worlds!

I'm also really excited to test Galaxy gear!
  23. TG1

TG1 Well-Known Member

HTC One M7 goes on Swappa as soon as Verizon releases the S5. Hopefully sooner than later.
  24. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

So does GS4 have any of these, let alone ISOcell camera?

Snapdragon 801
    Water/dust proof
    Fingerprint sensor
    Download booster
    Ultra power saving mode
    Brighter screen with the lowest outdoor light reflection (pretty much every display feature except resolution is improved).
    Revamped Touchwiz that is simpler and lighter than previous version.

You are bound to your opinion and may consider S5 not worth upgrading to. But saying it's the same phone as S4 exception camera doesn't seem right.
    Lennatron likes this.
  25. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

I find it too much hassle to sell them and I refuse to be ripped off with ridiculously low trade in value so I just keep my phones. I would sell to family or friend but not a stranger. I don't need the aggravation.