Will you still buy this phone on release day if your not in 4G area?

Last Updated:

1. cardsfan01

cardsfan01 Member This Topic's Starter

Curious as to what others think about buying this phone on release day (or when they can first get it) if they are not in a 4G area. Is the phone worth getting and using on regular 3G?

Advertisement
  2. fabulas

fabulas Active Member

I live in an area that only has 1X and I'll be first in line to get one.

3. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

I'll be getting one ASAP.. I wont be getting 4g for a long while. Took a while to get EVDO REV-A in my area.

4. WRSmith2PhD

WRSmith2PhD Member

Yes, I travel to 4G areas enough to really experience the power of the phone.

5. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Not sure if there wasn't going to be any 4G in my area. 4G is what really sold me on the phone more than anything else.

6. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

i dont know whats so hard to understand that even if you don't live in a 4G area, this will be the best 3G phone out there on one of the best priced data plans out there. the only reason you wouldn't wanna get this phone is if sprint is terrible in your area or your one of those people that "need" a physical keyboard.

ekt8750 likes this.
  7. Leodoc

Leodoc Well-Known Member

agreed with previous poster...still the best 3g phone out there. Lack of 4g coverage in my area will not deter me.

8. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Member

Allow me to be a bit evasive of the OP's question and repost something I said in the official mamoth thread. I'm just an ol' cowboy from Fort Worth, Texas. I don't know half the terms thrown around here (OTA, Froyo, etc) but my non-tech self will be gifted the 4G network. Yeeehaaawww! :D

9. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Me. It's not a need but rather a preference. When I type long messages I just prefer physical keyboards. I can type fine with a virtual keyboard so I'm not sweating it that much. I just like the feeling of the keys.

10. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member

I live in los Angeles and 4G or no 4G im getting this hone as soon as its released. Beides 4G coverage probably wont be good and consistent anywhere for another year or so

11. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

haha GrayGhost, i totaly hear ya, im from Flower Mound, TX and work ranches when im in town ;) as far as 4g and this phone are concerned, i will be the first person in the central time zone to get one hahaha cause i am that dedicated... don't have 4g.... but it doesnt matter cause this is the best phone for 3g 1x and 4g no matter what you have, not having 4g doesn't underclock the processor or eat half your ram/rom or disable widgets. it is still a full fledged smartphone on 3g with the same specs, data is just not as fast... and best of all it is at a 3g price! (assuming 199-250) i mean why would you NOT get it?

12. Tymptme2

Tymptme2 New Member

I'm going to get it whether or not I get 4g in my area...I'm only 20 minutes from Philadelphia which is on the list (I believe) so that's good enough for me. I'll use it when I'm in the city and hopefully it will expand down to my area soon.

13. GoldenStatePanda

GoldenStatePanda Well-Known Member

the 4g is probably the biggest selling point to me even though i don't know if my area will have it by the end of the year. the phone is still brawny enough to get me to buy it though in hopes that 4g will eventually come.

14. tp2386

tp2386 Well-Known Member

I know I will. I would still feel the same way if it was a 3g phone.

15. Stolirocks

Stolirocks Banned

1 million times YES!:D

Wave of the future baby!

16. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

hell yes. no doubt in my mind

17. capthr

capthr Well-Known Member

As soon as possible.

18. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I don't expect to have 4G for another year and I plan on getting it.

19. JustFrozen

JustFrozen Well-Known Member

Absolutely, no doubt about it.

20. S.meezy

S.meezy Well-Known Member

hmmm... this is a tough question... uh.... YEA!

21. Ilya

Ilya Well-Known Member

Absofrickenlutely.

New GF, New car (2007 Infiniti M35x), and new phone. I think I hit the jackpot. lol.

22. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Luckily we have 4G here, but even if we don't I would still buy the phone (price consideration would apply more - though).

23. Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion Well-Known Member

Yes.

24. n0apostrophe

n0apostrophe Well-Known Member

i am switching to sprint for the plan and the phone will just be icing on the cake. my city is on the coming soon list, but the initial lack of 4g will not deter me from purchasing it as soon as it is released. considering i am going from a dumb phone, any internet will be amazing whether it is 3g or 4g.

25. jeffdlb

jeffdlb Well-Known Member

Yes! Even without 4G this will be the best phone around for a while. I was planning to get a Moment because I felt I needed a real keyboard, but just couldn't get excited by it (or the Hero) for various reasons. The Evo is so much better that I am willing to forego the keyboard. In fact, with features like voice input and Swype I believe the physical QWERTY keyboard may finally start heading for the dustbin of history where it belongs, even on the desktop. I would like to see other virtual keyboard layouts (Dvorka, Fitaly, mathematical, user-customized) now that we're using pixels on touchscreens instead of labels on keys.