Will you still come here after the EVO 4g is launched?

Last Updated:

1. ilaofficial

ilaofficial Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I asked myself that because to be honest everyone comes here for information about the phone or breaking news. Once I have mine though I think I will be all over the Xda developers forum occasionally checking here.

What about you?

Advertisement
  2. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

Well I don't plan on picking one up on launch date as I want to see people's impressions of the device first to make sure there is not some huge flaw. Also will probably around from time to time to read about apps and hacks or whatever for the EVO. But I won't be checking the site multiple times a day after a week or two after launch.

3. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

I have been here well before the EVO came along, so yes I will still be here helping any and all that need help.

4. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

yes I will.. cuz I am very new to smartphone and android.. so I will need lots of help lol

5. 80s_kid

80s_kid Well-Known Member

i will still come here, but more than likely i will be over at xda. the devs will be cookin up some nice roms.

ilaofficial likes this.
  6. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Going to do a optimize the 4g connection thread. To get the most out of it.

jadoe05 and ilaofficial like this.
  7. dkotoric

dkotoric Well-Known Member

Ya I ususally have this site, AndroidCentral and XDA Developers Open all day at work. LOL

8. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I gotta say ur Pic is one of the best I've ever seen...

And yes I will be here plenty...Where else can I go and voice my Tech opinion...My Wife and friends gave up listening a long time ago...lol

9. devobail

devobail Active Member

I'll be back, if only to hear from the whiners and complainers. Lol

10. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

I will come here after I get it in July while getting used to Android and seeing what I can do with this thing. I'm sure after a few months i'll fade away until something big happens (new OS, etc..).

I seem to just cycle through forums based on what i'm really interested at that time. BBQ, New Mustang, Android Forum, Satellites, Sports, etc..

11. bunnymud

bunnymud Well-Known Member

Yes.....I'm a total Android n00b. I'll have inane question after inane question.

12. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

I feel that once the phone actually comes out the threads will gravitate initially to initial reactions about the phone and then later they will change to threads about different apps or whats worked good for people, and eventually how to root/where to go to root...if that happens then I think there wont be as many people leaving

13. evoman2be913

evoman2be913 Well-Known Member

I won't be back bc I am never gonna leave this forum period lol I have been on many forums but this one is AWESOME!

Wow I sound like Brett Favre when he went to Minn LOL

yourmomplusme likes this.
  14. acp

acp Well-Known Member

yes, and androidforums will be at the top of my cool Sense Bookmark Widget on the page directly to the right of my homescreen

15. ilaofficial

ilaofficial Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is awesome it is always up for me at work but as for the Forums once you get your EVO and understand what the dudes at XDA are doing with it then you'll understand why I will be more involved there.

16. Nem_Zero

Nem_Zero Well-Known Member

I just figured this to be the next logical step after getting an android phone and you stick around at least while you have one. ..I mean.. how do you disregard this place and be an android owner? ?_?

yourmomplusme likes this.
  17. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

i'll also be new to Android so i'll still visit often. there's lots of useful information on this forum i think.

18. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I'll be back. Lots of info, laughs, and usual sniping found here. That said, I will shift a majority of my time on the site via my Evo. Once I master the text to speech, posting here and everywhere else is really going to be a blast.

19. Max Power

Max Power Member

Being an Android rube, I'll continue to browse the forums and ask the occasional question, hoping to learn some tips or tricks, or become acquianted with some features I was unaware of. I'll also want to keep abreast with the latest hacks and apps, with special emphasis on EVO-to-PC and EVO-to-nonEVO(smartphone) video chat.

20. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

I can just see me trying to do that... add the road rage... and it will look like a bunch of garbled curse words :D

21. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Depends how it works out here. I learned about PalmOS tweaks on TreoCentral but didn't participate much. I was all over PPCGeeks through my time using a Mogul and Touch Pro. I participated heavily in PreCentral during the time leading up to the Pre launch and then for maybe the first 4-6 months I had it. After a while I felt like there wasn't a ton left to learn there and it turned more into just chatting about the phone and its issues. I still referred to there to learn how to install a few things but once I got Preware installed, I pretty much just browsed that for new apps, patches, and themes. I think after a point I stopped caring about the Pre since it didn't look like a platform I was going to stick with. I still check in every so often to read the front page but I never post on the forums anymore.

If this forum stays informative and helpful I will stick around. If it turns into bitchfest or fanboy central I will probably not stick around. Not making any judgments because there's nothing wrong with a more social forum. I just don't find as much of a need to just chat about phones once I already have them and have learned my way around them. If the tweaks, tips, and tricks keep coming then so will I. Otherwise I will probably end up just hitting the front page for big news.

22. creature

creature Member

I'll be here. Not only am I new to Android devices, but to smart phones as well. So I'll be here reading posts to help optimize my experience with the phone.

23. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

of course i'll be over here :)

24. septro

septro Well-Known Member

Yes.. to talk about the EVO 5G with an ATSC reciever to watch OTA HD shows!!

25. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Yup no plans of leaving...even if I switched OS platforms I still wouldn't leave, I've grown to like this bunch :p