Will Zagg full body cover ruin your back case?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. cacaman

cacaman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm thinking of ordering the zagg full body shield, but I'm wary that it may ruin the back case of the phone being that its kinda rubbery and you have to apply the shield with a liquid. Also if I want to take it out will I be able to do so without damaging the rubber?

Advertisement
  2. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

The HTC Touch Pro had a similar backing the the Hero. After a few months I removed my Zagg from that device and I will say it seemed like the back was smoother. However I am not sure if it was just my imagination or if the shield had really wore it down.

3. sparky7474

sparky7474 Well-Known Member

I have a zagg full body case and applying it to the case was no big deal, the amount of water you use is so minimal it harmless. I must say though it works really well and to be honesr I dont mind the rubbery feel.

4. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have one on mine and I really like the rubbery feel. Doesn't feel like it will slip out of my hands.

5. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member

I think I might try this as well, since I have a gift card I got with the one I bought for my BB Tour. Im just horrible at putting it on. You should see how much water I use HEHE poor phone

6. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

i would actually go with phantom skinz they are cheaper and they give you a free extra and they dont have the orange peel look and feel to it..phantom skins have a better feel like when you have a invisible shield its kinda grippy when using the touch screen but phantom skinz are smooth...

Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for HTC Hero

7. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member

How does this feel on the screen?? Do you have pics of this on a hero??

8. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

the skin feels good like its smooth for scrolling like it doesnt have the texture feel that invisible shields do on precentral.net alot of people told me this was the way to go and i agree its a great shield...

no pics of it on the hero i had it for my pre though heres what i have left from when i sent it to my brother...

the card is the squeegee thing to get air bubbles out...and they will replace the shields too....

[​IMG]

heres a pic of my palm pre right before i sent my brother the pre with the phantom skin on it front only...the dust is on top of the shield...

[​IMG]

9. cacaman

cacaman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for all the replies. If I decide that I want to remove the shield, will the back cover lose its texture?

10. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

no