1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Willing to make wallpapers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Hmmm... It might just want an odd sized wallpaper - I dunno. Can you maybe check the size of one of the wallpapers it came with? Gallery or Photos > Wallpaper or All Pictures > find a stock wallpaper and select it > Menu > More > Details > Resolution.

Also, someone here a while back wanted a size that I'd never heard of being right for any Android, but he said it worked for him. So maybe give this size a try...
    Picasa Web Albums - eyebeam668 - Android wallp...

I'm pretty close to stumped here - sorry.
  2. SupremeBeaver

SupremeBeaver Well-Known Member

alright mate.. i'll give it a go tomorrow.
  3. Brucey

Brucey Member

To eyebeam and all others who have posted their own pictures: they all look great! Thanks for helping noobs like myself make our phones look great :)

And for my request: I want a wallpaper made for a small band I knew of. This is their logo. Not too sure what I want the picture to consist of, maybe some of their live photos from their MySpace or FaceBook if that isn't too much to ask for.
    I would like for there to be colour, but nothing too bright. I would like it to fit my HTC Desire HD which should be 960 wide 800 high I think.
    Sorry if this is too much of a request.
    eyebeam likes this.
  4. eyebeam

Nah, not too much (I hope! ;)). I've got one I'm in the middle of doing and then you're up. ETA sometime tomorrow. I'd guess.
  5. eyebeam

Ok kba, I tried it with the hat idea, and it looked kinda silly to me. Really, I had a tough time figuring out how to make the two main elements mesh. I'm not really sure this concept works either, but, well, it's what I did. :eek: If you have any thoughts on how to improve it, I'm all ears (and 1 eye, of course! :p)

We've been down Save Boulevard a few times previously, so...
    Click below ↓
    [​IMG]
    twospirits likes this.
  6. kba41510

kba41510 Member

Yeah its a tough one I know...thanks for trying.
  7. eyebeam

Alright Brucey, let's see how this works out. I think I got all of the elements requested. Let me know what you think of it.

To save it at the full 960x800, enlarge on the linked page with magnifying glass or use download button. If your phone's browser wont save it full size, or it looks fuzzy, download and save it with a computer, then USB or email the full sized version to your phone. You can also use the Share button on the page to email it to your phone.

Click the pic ↓
    [​IMG]
    Brucey likes this.
  8. Brucey

Brucey Member

Hmm, for some reason my phone wasn't happy with it and made me crop some, that was through clicking the picture, clicking the magnifier, downloading, connecting my phone to the pc, transferring it from pc to phone, then setting it.
    Oh well, it still looks AMAZING! Looks even better on the phone :D
    Thanks heaps man, you'll probably hear from me again soon when I want something else :p
    eyebeam likes this.
  9. eyebeam

Phone made you crop it, eh? That's odd. It sounds like you did everything right to get it on your phone and it should be the perfect size for the Desire HD. Is it saved on the phone at 960x800 (Gallery or Photos > Wallpaper or All Pictures > find the wallpaper and select it > Menu > More > Details > Resolution)? If not, did you try the "Share" button on the Picasa page to email it to your phone? As a last resort, I can post the whole image here and you can right click/save or I can email it to you directly. Let me know if you want to try either of those or if you have any other ideas you'd care to try.

Anyway, glad you like it and are at least able to use it. Feel free to make another request when you're ready for a change.
  10. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

Waterpik?!?!?! I don't watch seinfeld... or twilight!! Quit asking... i don't wanna come to your house for your twilight marathon!! Geesh

But o yea, been swamped and ain't had a chance to say i'm loving it^
    eyebeam likes this.
  11. DROIDdoesyourmom

DROIDdoesyourmom Active Member

Can you fix this pic and make it like how you did that Veronica Lopez pic??

[​IMG]
    choccy likes this.
  12. Brucey

Brucey Member

Yeah, it is. Don't know why the phone is being stupid. Oh well. It still looks amazing, thanks again. :)
    eyebeam likes this.
  13. eyebeam

@ NightAngel -
    Well I'm so sorry! I don't know any funny lines from One Tree Hill that you'd be more likely to relate to. :D:D:D And that business about the Twilight marathon isn't so funny - The Eyebette wants to do just that with the release of the Eclipse Blu Ray. :eek::(

Anyway, glad you like it and thanks for letting me know. Hope things slow down for you soon.

@ DROIDdoesyourmom -
    I'll see what I can do, but I pretty much just centered it - someone else did all the hard work. Stay tuned - I should have something done for you this afternoon.

@ Brucey -
    Really strange... It the phone doing that to other 960x800 wallpapers? If you want to test, try this template one I made - Picasa Web Albums - 960x800 template Which way is it making you crop them, vertical or horizontal? Are you using a home replacement or launcher app?
  14. DROIDdoesyourmom

ok great thnx..

cant wait

;-))
  15. eyebeam

And... The wait is over. It's not exactly like the other one of course, but I tried to keep the same vibe. Hope this is what you wanted. Let me know how you think it turned out.

I made this one larger than needed for your Eris so that you (if/when you upgrade) and others could use it with a larger resolution screen. It's still in the right aspect ratio for you to use now, and should work fine.

To save it to your phone in full 1066x800 resolution, use the "Download" button on the linked page, or use the "share" button to email it to an address accessible to your phone. You can also save it to your computer and USB it to the phone.

Click the pic ↓
    [​IMG]
    DROIDdoesyourmom and twospirits like this.
  16. DROIDdoesyourmom

fantastic job eyebeam!! your amazing!!
    eyebeam likes this.
  17. eyebeam

You're Welcome. And may I also say, you sir have a very keen sense of amazing. :p;)
  18. eyebeam

Ok, I'm giving this one one more shot. Hopefully, you'll like this better.

Click the pic ↓
    Edit: Changed a little.
    [​IMG]

twospirits likes this.
  19. kba41510

kba41510 Member

Lol eyebeam that is going up on the computer ASAP. Thanks man, that is awesome
    eyebeam likes this.
  20. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member

Here I am with another request. :p

Could you make an abstract type new years wallpaper? Something that says 2011, says "Happy New Year" under the 2011 (preferably in the middle of the wallpaper), and maybe some fireworks in the background?
  21. VAnnand

VAnnand Member

I think it its great that you guys/gals are willing to spend some time making wallpapers for everyone, so let me jump on the bandwagon with a request. :D

I just received the X for christmas and cant find any "girly" wallpapers or themes without it being childish. I am a girly girl but hello kitty and tinkerbell are a little young for me. (no offense those out there that have it!)

I was thinking of something along the lines of .....

a pink background with a cream android wearing a dress with some red heels and a diamond on her hand ;) make her sexy and blinged out. Some big boobs would be great too.. .trying to make her look as much like me as possible.

Is that doable?
  22. eyebeam

Ok Toasty, I'll see what I come up with for that. Should have something by this evening.

Hi VAnnand. Congratulations on the new Droid, and welcome to AF. As you can probably see, girly ones are not my strong suit. There's only one girl here who helps out (Kaessa), and she seems to be pretty busy lately, so it looks like this one is up to me.

That said, you've given me good info on what you want (that helps a lot). I'm still not sure how well I can pull this off, but I'll give it a go.

Some of this is going to be pretty tough but I'll most likely have something for you in a day or two - Stay tuned...

A pic would really help me get a better understanding of what you're talking about...:D;):p (Just kidding, of course.)
  23. VAnnand

VAnnand Member

well if it gives you more trouble then necessary, the only requirement is that is sexy and curvy. Ill give you creative reign over it. :) Thanks again!
  24. ForeleftPGA

ForeleftPGA Member

Is it possible to do this with a black and grey background?

thanks,
  25. eyebeam

Yes it is. Here ya go -

Click it ↓
    [​IMG]
    ForeleftPGA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.