1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Willing to make wallpapers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjehh

imjehh Well-Known Member

thanks again eyebeam, beautiful wallpaper on the droid :)
    eyebeam and twospirits like this.
  2. imjehh

imjehh Well-Known Member

3. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

lol Outfreaking standing.

That looks awesome.

Dave
    eyebeam likes this.
  4. TheVenetian

TheVenetian Member

hey, i've removed the pics.

i think my phone uses 960 x 800.

umm in terms of explaining how it works, basically the side dock only appears when i view the far left screen. the icons on the bottom match with the "settings, games, tools" etc on the side dock. my horizontal dock has a transparent hole on the left so that when i scroll to settings page, for example, i'll see the settings icon there etc... so i guess if u can take the bottom icons and the side bar from the original and then put them on to the resized images that will work? u'll have to maintain the same space between each icon i think... cos when i scroll, the whole wallpaper moves slightly so the icons have been positioned to align with that perfectly.... does that make sense? :S oh and so basically i put transparent launcherpro icons underneath each of the words on the side dock so that when i click "settings" it scrolls to page 6, "tools" it scrolls to page 5 etc...

any suggestions about how to overcome the fact that the side dock will not be visible on the other wallpapers? thats to do with the colours im assuming. can u change the colour for me to something that is visible on those backgrounds? keeping it black, white or grey would be awesome if you could.

and lol, you reply lightning fast! i went out to lunch after my last post and you've replied by the time i got back! wow!

this is more complicated than i first thought :(
    sorry if this is too complicated then dw abt it. lol
  5. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

@ TheVenetian -

Hmmm... Ok, I think I've got a better idea of what you want. I'm going to make a quick test wallpaper for you - try it out and let me know if I've got it right. Give me about 10 minutes and check back.
  6. eyebeam

OK, give this a test drive (oy! :eek:) and let me know how it works.

To save it at 960x800, use the download button on the linked page or the share button to email it to an address accessible on your phone, then save the attachment. If your phone wont save it full size, or it looks fuzzy (some seem to have issues with this...), download and save it with a computer, then USB or email the full sized version to your phone.

Click the pic ↓
    Pic removed. It was a test. See -
    http://androidforums.com/android-themes/92348-also-willing-make-wallpapers-44.html#post2416644
    TheVenetian likes this.
  7. TheVenetian

TheVenetian Member

PM'd you. but yes, win! you are a god :)
  8. eyebeam

Well whadaya know! :D Cool.

Ok, the rest are on the way. Shouldn't take long.
  9. eyebeam

@ TheVenetian -

Alright, here ya go. BTW - I added just a little glow to the side dock icons to try to make them match. If that's no good, let me know and I'll get rid of it.

Same deal to save.
    Click 'em ↓
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    TheVenetian likes this.
  10. TheVenetian

TheVenetian Member

thank you soooo much! I was just about to let you know that the glow effect you added to the dock was really nice! these wallpapers will last me for a year i reckon. cheers mate and thank you again so much for your help and unbelievably speedy response!
    eyebeam likes this.
  11. eyebeam

OK, seem easy enough. I get the feeling you didn't want me to go crazy here, so I kept this one super simple. Let me know if that's what you had in mind.

You know the routine, so...
    Clicky! ↓
    [​IMG]
    imjehh likes this.
  12. Little Green Robot

Little Green Robot Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any good nook color wallpapers?
  13. eyebeam

Hey LGR -

Ok, looking around, I'm seeing 2 conflicting wallpaper sizes for the Nook color recommended - 1800x1024 and 750x1024. I've whipped up a couple of test templates for you to try out. Let me know which works best for you, or what looks wrong when you set it as a wallpaper on the Nook, as compared to viewing a saved version on a computer.

Make sure these are saved on your Nook in full resolution!

1800x1024 ↓
    [​IMG]

750x1024 ↓
    [​IMG]

Also, maybe some ideas of what you might like would help.
  14. adi19956

adi19956 Well-Known Member

where did you learn graphic design eyebeam?
  15. deniall

deniall Member

If you could get rid of the text and arrows and resize to fit Galaxy S I would really appreciate it.

[​IMG]
  16. eyebeam

Sure, NP. I removed the text because it looked pretty crappy blown up. I you want back in, I can do that easy enough. Also took out the "previous" arrow.

To save it at 960x800, use the download button on the linked page or the share button to email it to an address accessible on your phone, then save the attachment. If your phone wont save it full size, or it looks fuzzy (some seem to have issues with this...), download and save it with a computer, then USB or email the full sized version to your phone.

Click the pic ↓
    [​IMG]
    twospirits likes this.
  17. eyebeam

Well, I've never taken any classes or anything. Just a lot of curiosity (of how various editor functions work), practice and patience. I just stated playing around with image editors when I got my first digital camera some years ago (a Sony Mavica that saved pics to a floppy disc :eek:) and got hooked on the new doors it opened to me. Then I decided to help out on someone else's wallpaper thread here, and things blew up from there. All the interesting requests I get have really helped me explore the things I can do, and keep things interesting.
    YankeeDudeL likes this.
  18. eyebeam

After sleeping on it, I thought this one would look better with only the one Android. I also wanted to see if I could emulate the 1 piece not in the puzzle look. Here it is -

This is sized at 960x854 and should work well with all Android phones with little or no cropping necessary.

To save it in full resolution, use the download button on the linked page or the share button to email it to an address accessible on your phone, then save the attachment. If your phone wont save it full size, or it looks fuzzy (some seem to have issues with this...), download and save it with a computer, then USB or email the full sized version to your phone.

Click the pic ↓
    [​IMG]
    twospirits likes this.
  19. imjehh

imjehh Well-Known Member

hey eyebeam, the pic with the red car is really big, it doesnt show on 1 screen but its stretched out to about 2 screens, anyway you can resize it?
  20. eyebeam

Do you mean you want it on a 480x854 (1 screen size) wallpaper? That will cut off some of the sides of the car. If I make the whole thing small enough to fit on 1 screen of a 960x800 wallpaper, I'll need to add a fair amount of filler all around.

I guess what I'm saying is that there's not enough width area around the car in the original pic provided that I can do much else.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I'm going to try to put the car in a different pic that will work better dimension-wise. Not sure it'll work great - I'll let you know.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re-edit: OK, give this a try out and see if it's better for you...

Clicky ↓
    [​IMG]
    imjehh likes this.
  21. Chewie18

Chewie18 New Member

22. eyebeam

Hmmm... That's pretty dog-gone small to work with, and I couldn't find a larger/sharper one. Let me play around with it and see if I can make it usable.
  23. stenitschke

stenitschke Member

Donovan mcnabb with eagles on one side mcnabb with redskins on the other then big 5 in the middle. And donovan mcnabb is the tittle on top... thanks
  24. eyebeam

25. eyebeam

OK Chewie, here's my take on your request. FWIW, this one got the wife's stamp of approval anyway... Hope you like it too. Let me know.

Click the pic ↓
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah - and welcome to AF!
    twospirits likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.