Win7 Autodetect/AutoLauncher of D-XSupport

Last Updated:

1. SuperW2

SuperW2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The first time I plugged my D-x into my Windows 7 PC via USB, I got a cool little pop-up/launcher thing automatically... it gave me my Battery charging status, told me if I missed any calls, etc, etc.

After playing with it off of USB and then plugging back in, I can't get that

The PC recognizes the SD Card as a G:\ and I'm charging over USB, so I know the PC sees the DroidX, I'm just curious how to get that other Windows Launcher thing back up when I plug the phone in.

Thanks
    SW2

Advertisement
  2. SuperW2

Bump... am I crazy? I did see this auto-launcher thing on my PC, right?

3. elecga

elecga Active Member

Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers -> Double Click DROIDX

It doesn't popup on mine but when I plug in my phone I get a phone icon on my taskbar and if I double click that I get the info screen.

4. SuperW2

No DroidX listed there... I have a MB810 USB Storage device that appears to be tied to a Motorola Driver, but nothing else...

5. budwizer

budwizer Well-Known Member

Plug your phone in, pull down the notification bar, select USB connection and change the type to PC Mode.

SuperW2 likes this.
  6. SuperW2

Thanks, that did it! I swear I did that an PC Mode wasn't an option, but looked again after your post and sure enough it was there... I previously had it in the Dock, which I've since boxed up and is going back and now just going direct USB cable, so I wonder if the dock prevents PC Mode?

7. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

Choosing Windows Media Sync from the pulldown USB menu will get you the same popup screen. Perhaps that is what you orignally had selected.