• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Winamp and battery life

I have had horrible battery life the past few days and at first I thought it was WordFued because the most recent programs I've loaded/changed were Winamp and WordFeud. After searching around a bit I discovered WF used to have battery issues. However after uninstalling it I still had the same problem. Around 20% battery life after 5 hours of being unplugged.

I uninstalled Winamp and re-installed WF and here I am 7 hours into the day and only down to 80%. Has anyone else had any problems with Winamp? I googled it but didn't come up with anything. I wasn't even using winamp to play music because I've been rather busy. I did use Wifi sync, but my wifi is off unless I am at home AND need to use it. I normally just leave it off.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones