Winamp & KiesSupport

Last Updated:

1. JackleCube

JackleCube Member

Ok, situation is; a little while ago I reformatted my PC. After doing so I reinstalled all the programs I needed, but when I tried installing Kies I encountered difficulties; it would always crash on install from what I remember. Eventually I decided not to bother with Kies, and have since worked around it. I am also unable to get the newest versions of Winamp, because they always crash the moment they're started, so I'm using an older version. The older version works fine normally, but as soon as I plug in my S2 via the cable, Winamp crashes and closes, and then whenever I try to re-open it, it closes; as soon as I unplug the phone it opens. There seems to be something interfering between Kies and Winamp, which is a real nuisance, because I would like to use Winamp to sync to the phone with. Has anyone else ever encountered these difficulties? Are there any files that are involved in both pieces of software? (I've tried updating Net Framework etc). Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement