WinampGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Stephanie1981

Stephanie1981 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to stream music that is playing on your phone into Winamp? For instance, if using Pandora or Slacker radio and I have my computer headset on, I would like to listen to the music that is playing on my phone, on my computer. My media player of choice is Winamp.

Advertisement
  2. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

probably not the answer your looking for but Subsonic streams your PC to your phone.

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?...h?q=pname:net.sourceforge.subsonic.androidapp

You could get a Bluetooth dongle, and set it up to do an audio line-in to your phone, but I think this also goes the opposite way of what your looking to do.

Best way is just do what your doing and use the 3.5mm headphone jack into the PC audio line in. That will give you the best audio quality.

Winamp has a line-in feature alternatively there is a line-in plugin:
    Jasper's development pages

From the main Winamp menu, select "Play -> Location" (Hotkey = Ctrl+L)
    Type in : line://
    As soon as you click "Okay", click the "Play" button to play via winamp from phone headphone jack.

its very simple you could even write a bat file to execute the line in, and I believe the latest version of winamp already has this option preset should you want to do it.

3. Stephanie1981

Stephanie1981 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wondering if I can stream my phone audio to my PC...not just whatever audio files that happen to be stored on my SD card. For instance: if I want to play Slacker Radio on my phone, I would like to listen to it on my PC in Winamp.

4. jfp2004

jfp2004 Active Member

Why not just listen to Slacker Radio from your PC? I don't think the service can be integrated with Winamp at the moment, however, but I'm not 100% sure.

5. smacky

smacky Banned

It's possible, but you will need to buy an audio splitter so that you can connect the splitter to your computer, your phone to your splitter, and your headset into your splitter. I dunno. I think that's right.

At the end of the day, it isn't worth it. Put headphones in your phone and listen to it that way.

6. timmywa

timmywa Well-Known Member

Get a straight-thru cord that goes from the headphones jack on the phone to the line-in on your computer (usually blue). Go into the audio mixer and uncheck the line-in and turn up the volume. That should do it